Recruiting Football Talk VII

Yes...but I'm talking a Stanley Cup champion in top season form in a best of 7....I just don't buy that they could beat a NHL champion team in a Stanley Cup type intensity series instead of "exhibitions"....I don't buy it at all.
I respectfully disagree, but I’ve spent all the time I care to spend defending hockey commies. My ‘murica cred is suffering greatly.

Interesting that I have gotten ZERO notifications from ESPN or The Athletic since the news broke.
Top story on ESPN Headlines.

First thing I saw. Idk how notifications work, but this isn't UT specific either. It's 2 states v NCAA, so I wouldn't expect it similar to score updates.

No longer sub The Athletic. Long form apparently means a lot of reading 😅

Last edited:
I respectfully disagree, but I’ve spent all the time I care to spend defending hockey commies. My ‘murica cred is suffering greatly.
I will agree that they could have been a NHL playoff team...I just don't think they take a Stanley Cup championship team in top postseason form in a 7 match series..they might win a couple of games.

I was ridiculed for stating my opinion that you never ever cooperate with the NCAA…. They will always try to get their pound of flesh…. Always get a lawyer and fight like H$ll…. The NCAA only has powers that you give to them… D&mn, it feels good being right!!!! Suck it NCAA… Dickey would be proud!

Since we just set in motion the death of the NCAA can we go after ESPN next?
You better come up with an equivalent or else keep your damn hands off my Sportscenter and 24/7 sports coverage and SEC Network 😆

Not going back to the CBS-ABC-NBC only sports hell where you listen to the radio the other 80% of football and basketball games and 100% of baseball games, oh hell naw 😅🤣 Don't do it to me, Brad.

I was ridiculed for stating my opinion that you never ever cooperate with the NCAA…. They will always try to get their pound of flesh…. Always get a lawyer and fight like H$ll…. The NCAA only has powers that you give to them… D&mn, it feels good being right!!!! Suck it NCAA… Dickey would be proud!
Did you ever imagine in a million years that Tennessee would be the school that delivered a kill shot to the NCAA?...because I never saw that coming..😳

You better come up with an equivalent or else keep your damn hands off my Sportscenter and 24/7 sports coverage and SEC Network 😆

Not going back to the CBS-ABC-NBC only sports hell where you listen to the radio the other 80% of football and basketball games and 100% of baseball games, oh hell naw 😅🤣 Don't do it to me, Brad.
I hate the woke Diz empire...I hope they go bankrupt and get torn into a thousand tiny pieces.

So very thankful that our administration went in to win the war not just battles! They allowed the NCAA to think that winning that first battle after Pruitt meant they were in control. And the whole time they are organizing NIL and planning for the fight if they came after us again. Think they assured the athletes that they were going to win even if they didn’t win this case. Feels good to know they are fighting for us!!! 🧡🍊🏈

Did you ever imagine in a million years that Tennessee would be the school that delivered a kill shot to the NCAA?...because I never saw that coming..😳
I didn’t either, but given that I was told how badly Donde reacted when the NCAA played Darth Vader to her Lando during the first investigation, maybe I shouldn’t have been surprised that she wound up being the one that destroyed the second Death Star.

So can the NCAA not operate nation-wide as Tom says or just the two states?

Nationwide. The ruling blocks the NCAA from enforcing any NIL rules while the case is pending. At least for right now, the NCAA is forbidden by the federal government from doing jack **** on NIL in every state.

VN Store

Back