Recruiting Football Talk VII

If any ref called Edey the way they should, he'd literally just be some big dude. It's borderline criminal what they let him get away with.
I disagree…. kid is very talented and seems like a good…. I wish he was on our team…. That being said I hope if we face them in the tourney…. I hope DK takes it to them and shows them who the best player in the country is.

I was too young to remember the Allan Houston years, but how were we THAT bad with Allan Houston on our team? Was Wade just that sh*tty of a coach?
It was hard to tell how good of a coach he was….. probably the worst recruiter that we have ever had…. He would get a commit from the best player in NYC… we would get all excited about it but Wade knew that there was no chance he would ever make it to campus so ended up with guys like Gannon Goodson and Lang Wiseman. The Goodson matchup with Shaq was a classic… He would smack the court and challenge Shaq… Hilarious!😂

My condolences to Vols fans who had to witness that 5-22 season. Brutal
Thank you. My wife, daughter and I sat through every home game. Our young daughter wore her little cheerleader outfit and served as entertainment for those nearby who were as dumb as us to have season tickets. The scalpers gave their tickets away 10-15 minutes PRIOR to the start of every game. You basically walked alone and unaffected by others as you entered and left to go to your vehicle, which was closely parked nearby. It was quiet, not a "Go Vols" to be heard anywhere.

Bruce Pearl changed the bad mojo from the dark days and I will always be thankful. His NCAA issues finished my hardline stance against that corrupt org and the incompetency of the UTAD and system overall. Walking through the wilderness does not even come close to describing what Vol fans for life have gone through to arrive here, so good in athletics with a university system doing things right.

In basketball, Texas gets the big assist for putting us over the top. I want CRB to get his NC and at worst another FF before he rides off into the sunset a VFL.

Get off your high horse...the only reason I used Marshawn as an example is because he was not thought of as a slippery speedster, he was known as a very violent runner that ran over and knocked the 💩 out of fools...you can call Schrader whatever you want, but he is a violent runner.

I never said or meant that he was in Lynchs echelon as any kind of runner..violent or otherwise, just that there is a place for dudes like that.

You think far too highly of yourself and are way too sensitive at times.

I just mentioned Lynch because of exactly the same reason you did, and he was previously brought up. I also brought up Woodhead because of their similarities in size.

Reactions: barrylee
and a couple others, but it doesn't take away from their greatness. I wasn't naming names, but even joking, it's not funny. JMO.
Lame joke for those that have actually suffered and recovered.
Fair enough, but you are posting AP stuff on a UT forum. After the stuff AP's team did in Neyland, you should expect some jokes and slights against AP in response. Trying to take a cut back at UT isn't going to be well received. I've seen enough responses like that to your posts to think you would be expecting it at this point...just ignore it.

Fair enough, but you are posting AP stuff on a UT forum. After the stuff AP's team did in Neyland, you should expect some jokes and slights against AP in response. Trying to take a cut back at UT isn't going to be well received. I've seen enough responses like that to your posts to think you would be expecting it at this point...just ignore it.
I do and expect it. I think everyone knows how much love I have for UT and the Vols. That's obvious.
The "drug addict" stuff is a tad much, but I know most are joking.

I actually appreciate the amount of latitude y'all give me for promoting my alma-mater on VN.

We are your "'lil cousins" and just trying to find our own way in the sports landscape.

They were knocking Knecht around like a ping pong ball and...crickets for the most part....the TV guy made a joke about needing an ice bath after the game.

I really wish Aidoo was about 30 pounds heavier...he gets absolutely bullied and bull rushed under the basket on defense by strong physical dudes...they just move him back.

It's not his fault...I love the kid...I bet he wishes he was bigger and stronger too, but he just doesn't have the frame for it really.
Aidoo can play stronger than he did vs South Carolina. At least his jump shot was falling that game. I still prefer for him to take it to the basket.

VN Store

Back