Recruiting Football Talk VII

I have never known a better time to be a Tennessee Vol. We are going to be so obnoxious after all the years of wandering in the wilderness.

I am here for every moment of it. Git sum...

😎
We should be benevolent rulers.
😂

After all the crap we have endured for the past 15 + years, let’s just grind them all in the dirt and gravel. It’s payback time! 😈

Saban quoting his wife is revealing.

Why are we doing this? All they care about is how much you can pay them. They used to care about how much you could develop them.

Ahem... NCAA needs to start sniffing around.
The NCAA is not going to do any sniffing around Alabama that's for sure. Saban is the only card they hold right now. The NCAA would love to go back to the days of turning a blind eye to blatant violations and have their perceived power that justified their cushy jobs.
Saban is not pro Alabama, pro SEC, or pro college football. He is pro Nick Saban and his legacy. He is bitter about his exit. If you notice he doesn't talk about what is good for players but about what would have been good for him. What about the players who never go to the league, Nick? How they were developed doesn't put food on their table.

The NCAA is not going to do any sniffing around Alabama that's for sure. Saban is the only card they hold right now. The NCAA would love to go back to the days of turning a blind eye to blatant violations and have their perceived power that justified their cushy jobs.
Saban is not pro Alabama, pro SEC, or pro college football. He is pro Nick Saban and his legacy. He is bitter about his exit. If you notice he doesn't talk about what is good for players but about what would have been good for him. What about the players who never go to the league, Nick? How they were developed doesn't put food on their table.
It's just so intellectually insulting for an adult that makes 8 figures a year to be crying because those damn uppity kids had the gall to want to get paid fairly for their labor. You benefited from a system that was blatantly corrupt, unfair, and frankly un-American so cry me a ****ing river.

They trademarked our interlocking UT. It had been ours for decades, but Tennessee didn’t think to get a registered trademark for our symbol.
The lawsuit went all the way to SCOTUS. Final ruling UT East of the Mississippi is Tennessee and West of the Mississippi is texas. 😡
Tennessee then dropped the UT as our symbol and the Power T is a registered trademark.
I absolutely hate texas fw or that. It happened when I was a student at Tennessee. We had the UT symbol on a wall in our fraternity house before the lawsuit. We opted to paint over it rather than pay texas to display it. The University was going to make us pay. We had a lottery pick to determine who had to paint over our UT. Guess who’s name was drawn out of the hat? 😡 I hate painting and have absolutely hated texas ever since then.
I remember when it happened. One of my neighbors was so pissed. He had a big steel interlocking UT in his yard. He was out in the yard fussin and fumin, "They took our sh*t away, well they ain't gettin mine." he was yelling. It's still there today, gets a new paint job every year.

I realize Bama's pressure played a part in our offensive issues last night but I really think Nate O. game planned his guys out of a very possible win. Multiple Vol players were off, missing solid looks they normally hit. If he'd of had his guys playing their game they'd have probably won.

In the 4th their legs were tired, when I saw us pushing the ball hard in transition to pressure them to get back into defensive sets they looked tired, I knew we were going to close it out those last four five series before they started fouling.

Either way I like narrative. Nate Oates drilled into his team all week leading up this game they were not going to let our Vols push them around..... But that's exactly what we did on their home court. Solid win
I know that I am behind, but when did men’s college basketball switch from 2 halves to 4 quarters? 😁

My wife and girls are well aware of my motion sickness. There would be a stream of vomit eminating from that ride and evenly distributed in a perfect circle from the epicenter of that death machine you call a ride.
Please film that and post it here…then we can use it as a response to any negaVol that wanders in here.

It’s your VN RF civic duty. 😎

Been 3.5 years and it's not fully back. For the first year it was basically gone, everything was super distorted the 2nd year, then year 3 it's started to return to normal for most things. I'd say I'm at 80% normal after 3.5 years.

Those first two years were awful though. Reeses peanut butter cups made me nauseous they tasted so bad.
I would cry. I love Reeves PB cups. My wife temporarily lost her taste and smell with covid but I never did. It is funny how dramatically different the impacts are/were to different people.

JMO, Bauer’s issue is that he doesn’t score high enough on the production/problem scale. Dude has had 2.5 good seasons in 10 years, he’s 33, and, aside from the various sexual assault allegations which is a lot of baggage for a team to take on, he’s generally been a pain in the a** everywhere he’s been.

VN Store

Back