Recruiting Football Talk VII

My wife sent me to Lowe's this morning to pick up some flowers for the pots we have around our front porch. She told me to get geraniums, petunias and marigolds. When I came home with something different, she just threw her hands up in the air and stormed off. Whoops, a daisy.

For one you’re lying because no where in my post I declared myself a genius.
And I remained not completely silent so you’re wrong about that too, as I occasionally posted on the BB team,

But yeah I wasn’t overly involved or excited as we were ranked top 5 and winning the SEC because we have 2 good players.
Anyone saying otherwise has some vastly overrated.
If that makes me look like a genius, so be it.

You go ahead and live in denial, call this game and the UK game unimportant!
We had a #1 seed in the AA, all we had to do was hold on to it. Crashed and burned
Thanks for keeping it real. Don't quite know what we would do without you.

Didn't get to watch the game, but I think Barnes found an effective strategy vs these types in the 2nd game vs TAMU:

Then yesterday

Aidoo: 26 mins
Awaka: only 9 mins

Maybe because we were playing catch up. Vs teams like this we need to come out strong so we can play our preferred style.
Awaka was terrible yesterday. Turning the ball over and packed physicality. Not his usual self

Didn't get to watch the game, but I think Barnes found an effective strategy vs these types in the 2nd game vs TAMU:

Then yesterday

Maybe because we were playing catch up. Vs teams like this we need to come out strong so we can play our preferred style.
Awaka needed to sit. He looked like a junior high kid out there. Couldn't dribble, couldn't catch passes, making dumb decisions.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
March 16, 2024: Rainbow colors shining bright, Promising victory in the fight, Against evil of the darkest night, Maintaining goodness, truth and right, Standing strong as one in Christ, To the end, eternal life. John 17:3 And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.

Good point.

It's not the Dukes that tend to get us. It's the FAUs and Chicago College of old Sister Jeans.
It’s always been Barnes issue. Can’t get the team fired up for games when we are the favorites. We play great when we are the underdog or the team has a chip on their shoulder for some reason.

It’s always been Barnes issue. Can’t get the team fired up for games when we are the favorites. We play great when we are the underdog or the team has a chip on their shoulder for some reason.
I always figured it was the pressure he puts on them and they play tight. Idk.

I always figured it was the pressure he puts on them and they play tight. Idk.
If that’s the case, would think he would learn or change his ways after 30 years of struggles in March.

I think the theory that his teams are worn down come March makes the most sense. And also that he’s simply a bit unlucky.

I wonder if Barnes March woes have something to do with his ultra intense practices? Does he work the team too hard during the regular season? They just seem to fall off so hard in March after looking like national champs all season. I don't know anything about his practices, but I know he has the reputation for working his players hard. There's no way he just turns into an idiot in March and can't remember how to coach, but it's happened for so long, there has to be some reason behind a pretty clear pattern.

Then yesterday

Need to establish them first. Needs to be the focus to get us in rhythm. Because when shots don’t fall, it gets in our heads.

Reactions: Devo182 and Vols4us

VN Store

Back