Recruiting Football Talk VII

Was worried about Aidoo and now find out Awaka is hurt. Need all of them healthy and for Santi to get out of his funk. Glad to see him making shots.
Santi needs to shot almost every shot from here on out. Take DK out and tell Vescovi it's on him to finish this game.

* he just hit another 3!!

58-28 VOLS

15:30 to go

our intensity has nothing to do with that? We're energized, playing fast and focused. That has nothing (or very little) to do with the level of team we're playing. We show up with this energy, intensity, and focus and we'll make the EE.

When our D locks someone down they do it right. I think people are underestimating St. Peter's and our D. These small teams tend to be filled with scorers.

i even mentioned it looked like UK was shaving points. They weren't playing good at all and never did get a run, like your said. If they played like they did against us, you can't convince me they would've lost, even with how Oakland played.

Weren't they missing easy layups and dunks early on that let Oakland stay in it in the 1st half? Oakland played good enough to win, obviously, but UK just didnt play how they have been.
Like I said...in my opinion Oakland won it more than Kentucky lost it....I think that zone Oakland threw at them got them discombobulated early on, and they never really recombobulated.

It seemed like Oakland got them to play the kind of offense they wanted UK to play....it was just a great game and I hate that people are taking away from how well Oakland played by blaming it on Kentucky choking.

Kentucky's freshmen played like freshmen as freshmen are want to do on a super tough close game against a savvy and gutty veteran team when a super young team has no upper-class leadership on the floor.

They are extremely talented, but there is a huge price to pay for all that one and done talent, and they payed that bill tonight...by now Calipari really should have figured out that he needs to change his recruiting approach.

If that team had a couple of strong Junior or Senior leaders on it...they would have been legit NC contenders...but they don’t and it costs them in games like this.

Edit: I realize the Antonio Reeves is a SR...I mean they needed a couple more upperclassmen besides him on the floor.

Last edited:
get the starters out
I wouldn’t mind getting Aidoo, ZZ, and DK out. Rotate everyone else. Maybe Santi can keep finding his stroke, and try to get JJJ and Gainey hitting some shots. I’m a little nervous about someone getting injured. Their guys have gotten a little dirty at times.

Reactions: knoxvol52

VN Store

Back