Recruiting Football Talk VII

So I was curious.

Zach Edey had 3 offers, he took 0 visits and committed to Purdue 4 days before signing there. He was just a big with ZERO skillset, that’s why he had no offers and why he was a 3 star.

Edey played on the same team as Springer though, that’s why Barnes even saw him play.

IMG_8685.jpeg

I'm gonna be honest. The names you mention as returning don't excite me.
Zig is a good PG but if he's your second scoring option you're in trouble. Gainey Gainey is a good bench player but I don't want him in the starting lineup. Shak is an Elite defender but his offense is still extremely raw. Awaka has very little offensive game, and Aidoo is too soft against better bigs.
Those guys are way too inconsistent, everyone will come at me and say but can't they get better, they can, but it was the same story with the guys leaving after this year. They were 2 consistent on offense. If Barnes truly cares about making a run go find 2 Elite scorers and don't let them say no.
We made the SS last year without even having Z

Yet everything you typed about needing an elite scorer agreed with me.

Go in the corner old man before you push too far.
Smyrna, I have nothing against you as a poster. At times you’ve been on point and then sometimes, well like today you weren’t. We are all raw about that snow job yesterday. I’m an old woman and I own and have earned that right. You’re better than to say that to McGill. I hope you don’t really have your account deactivated, but if you do, I hope you listen and not get offended every time someone posts something against what you’re posting when we’re all hurt.

The biggest knack I have on Barnes is he has a very physical style of play and wants premier defense… yet he’s not once had an elite defensive big man here. Yea he’s had guys like Grant and Awaka but they’re both undersized to play the 5 against good physical centers

Reactions: Vols4us
We'll make the final four next season. And then the national championship the year after. Then, we'll win the national title the year after that. This is in accordance with the progression we've been on since 2021
Would be nice, but my guess is we take a step back next season. You don't have a player like DK fall into your lap that often.

Barnes had Knecht and Durant and didn’t win s***. Dude can’t win in the tournament without generational talents. Sorry that offends some. But he wants hard workers and defenders which is ok in the season but not in the tournament. We only got this far because of Knecht and he wasn’t Barnes find.
Not offended. Just think you're flat out wrong.

I'm gonna be honest. The names you mention as returning don't excite me.
Zig is a good PG but if he's your second scoring option you're in trouble. Gainey Gainey is a good bench player but I don't want him in the starting lineup. Shak is an Elite defender but his offense is still extremely raw. Awaka has very little offensive game, and Aidoo is too soft against better bigs.
Those guys are way too inconsistent, everyone will come at me and say but can't they get better, they can, but it was the same story with the guys leaving after this year. They were 2 consistent on offense. If Barnes truly cares about making a run go find 2 Elite scorers and don't let them say no.
I tend to agree. I posted that I did not think they would make it to the FF when I saw how they finished the last two SEC games. They also nearly lost to a very mediocre Texas team. Quality role players and the defensive skillset is high, just not enough ballers other than Dalton.

Other than Awaka, who is the dominating rebounder who controls the paint on the boards. Nobody. When you have to team rebound every possession you cannot get out quick in transition. Gaps in the roster cause it. Not enough easy, uncontested scoring.

I think they got about all they could out of this roster and it was the best Vol team I have seen overall. But the next step is harder and they need more talent.

Barnes has to recruit scorers and not defenses. Our assistant found a Knecht and it carried Barnes this year. Can’t win it playing defense only. Ready for a change and I don’t care if that upsets anyone. Bring back English.

He’s been a HC for 3 years and hasn’t finished with an offense scoring more than 73 ppg…Why is he the answer?

VN Store

Back