Recruiting Football Talk VII

Bob's 25th season, should be his last. Pat doesn't help him at all.

Maybe Pat just needs to swapped out for someone more lively. Get the Bert Bertlekamp version for football. Kesling does a lot better with basketball.

We need younger blood in the broadcast booth. Exciting football needs exciting commentators.
You'd think that many years of experience would lead to improvement. He can't even describe what's happening in the play, let alone get the names right.

Fair point…but the hypothetical stands.. would he? Considering Barnes is a great defensive coach.
On the surface of things what do you think the outcome would be?

I think Barnes would have similar success. The issue is that nearly all those dudes left after 1 year in college. If Cal - or Barnes in this hypothetical - could’ve kept them in school longer, we’d likely see much more success. But Barnes won’t play guys that aren’t bought in defensively. So some of those guys wouldn’t have even seen the court under him.

Every year the Masters is played, I think of Greg Norman blowing a 6 stroke lead on Sunday. That was blind blowing to watch. You could tell he wanted to crawl under a rock and hide
I’m going to tell my age, but my favorite memory was in 1986 when Jack Nicklaus won his record 18th professional major with a historic one-stroke victory. He shot a final round 65 (−7), with a back nine of 30 (−6), for a total score of 279 (−9). That back nine of -6 was magical to watch.

VN Store

Back