Recruiting Football Talk VII

I wouldn't mind this under the circumstance we're in today. Somehow this franchise has to stop spending so much first rd capital on Olineman. I really don't want to be in this same place next year, looking for a LT.
LT is arguably one of the most important guys on the field. You spend a ton on a good QB if nobody protects that blind side he won't be good long. The thing about LT the really good ones are hard to come by and if you find one you don't let him go.

I said ownership. She is an Adams, and wear Oilers gear. How is that contradictory. That is exactly my point, again.
YARN | We're Addamses. | The Addams Family (1991) | Video gifs by quotes |  c2969846 | 紗

Some Friday morning armchair draft room notes.

Falcons: Cousins is coming off a serious Achilles injury at age 35, will be 36 at the start of the season. Penix is a short term project like Hendon. He will need a year of two to get ready as CRM builds his org and system of play. They took the long term view, which always starts with the QB. The questionable part was giving Cousins 180 M over 4 years with $50 M signing and up to $100 M guaranteed. That horse already left the barn though. If you view a rebuild as taking more than a year or two, they did it well IMO. Penix can be a franchise QB.

Bowers to the Raiders is a waste of talent.

Titans: Do you trust Dad Callahan or not? This value crap means nothing. A good LT and RT are both important and he is being paid a rookie contract deal. He is not a free agent RT that you want to convert to LT. He is an OT that you will try to convert to LT who you know will dominate at RT.

KC and Andy did it again. Just what they needed.

Bears - 👍👍
I generally agree. Still think Falcons are dumb, but i respect your theory on rationalization. There will be decent project quarter backs in later rounds. Rattler being one. They also could have simply traded down.

I think I’m on the trade back train. Lots of good players would be left in the late 40s, early 50s, and the titans need a 3rd round pick. Too many holes to fill. I HATE when they trade valuable picks for a washed up player then get next to nothing out of the player, like Julio Jones.
That was Jrob’s specialty. Thankfully we won’t have to worry about that

Reactions: LaagerVol
I thought the Bryce pick was horrible. He wasn't worth that spot even if they hadn't had to give Chicago their entire future. The continued bad decisions only validate my opinion that their front office isn't good. Probably the worst owner in the NFL, and that's saying something.
Don't disagree, but I believe Bryce can be a great QB if we don't kill him first. He might end up like Baker and take a few years to end up at the right fit.

VN Store

Back