Recruiting Football Talk VII

Odd choice by dolphins with mostert and achane in the backfield. But they got a steal and maybe some negotiating power over RB salaries (not that they needed any with how the nfl views rbs). Hope he doesn’t get lost in the shuffle. He deserves to be somewhere that needs a starting rb. He’s got huge boom potential. Won’t be surprised if he’s starting somewhere and a top 10 back in the nfl 3 years from now.

Additional thought: Miami is undoubtedly the fastest team in the nfl. My god, they have best in class speed everywhereeee. Too bad you can’t throw 3 rbs and 3 wrs out on the field every play.

Reactions: DD4ME
That man shouldn’t be allowed anywhere near children. Maybe he should try actually coaching the kids and they wouldn’t be so “awful” as he describes them. What an ahole.
When I helped coach little league (4 years of tackle football), I would talk to the boys like that all the time. The other coaches were way to serious and the kids were not having fun and we were not winning. Joking around kept it loose and the boys practiced harder and played better. I wasn't doing it to make fun of them and I told them several times I loved them like they were my own sons. They've all graduated now but the ones I've seen out, have told me that was the most fun that sports was for them. Some even told me I was their favorite coach ever.

*Some of them talked trash better than I did.

Not sure how that would help…or how he’d respond. 🤨

I was referring to Bears pick,

Now what about this Braedon Allen the speed burner from Wisconsin .
Could he be on Dallas radar for RB position?

Suppose they may just roll with Freeman and Zeke. Or Dowdell whatever his last name is,.🤪

When I helped coach little league (4 years of tackle football), I would talk to the boys like that all the time. The other coaches were way to serious and the kids were not having fun and we were not winning. Joking around kept it loose and the boys practiced harder and played better. I wasn't doing it to make fun of them and I told them several times I loved them like they were my own sons. They've all graduated now but the ones I've seen out, have told me that was the most fun that sports was for them. Some even told me I was their favorite coach ever.

Some of them talked trash better than I did.
I’m not opposed to “joking around.” That’s super important. I just think there’s a better way to do that than destroying their confidence and giving them nothing to work with.

What else do they “own us” in? Football as a team sport? Nope. Basketball? Nope. NBA draft, sure, but not anymore after running calipari away. Baseball? Nope. Other sports? Nope. Fanbase? Nope. Education? Nope. Location? Nope. NIL? Nope. Number of graduates working in coal mine? Ok yeah they got us there.
Ahh.

So you're saying they should not have used the word "too" at all?

Your post.....
*vol_in_ga said:
Incorrect use of the word “too”

I was referring to Bears pick,

Now what about this Braedon Allen the speed burner from Wisconsin .
Could he be on Dallas radar for RB position?

Suppose they may just roll with Freeman and Zeke. Or Dowdell whatever his last name is,.🤪
Not getting any info from Jerry. Just meandering about how quality an individual Zeke is. Despite his record.

Reactions: knoxvol52
I’m not opposed to “joking around.” That’s super important. I just think there’s a better way to do that than destroying their confidence and giving them nothing to work with.
You didn't see the whole exchange or any practices or anything other than a bunch of mound visits and the coach issuing some "zingers".

*The parents is why I quit volunteer coaching.

As pumped as I am to get Wright on my Dolphins, gotta say, surprised with the pick. RB not really a position of need for us and we traded up to get him. McDaniel loves him some speed though 💨
A top 2 back in the fourth round is if nothing else a money maker in trades later when he shows what a bad ass he is.

VN Store

Back