Recruiting Football Talk VII

When I was in high school, my vice principal was an ex-NFL lineman. I got one paddling from him and only one. The man literally lifted my feet off the floor. That’s all it took to convince me. And yes, I deserved it. 😂
Been there. 1 time was all it took.
Worst part was that I was actually innocent of that crime.
Guess that made up for the times that I didn’t get caught. 😎

You're obviously too young to ever have seen Jack play.

Typical Sunday when Jack was NOT leading, the network would be following the leaders, per usual, when you would start hearing roars coming from another part of the course. The most feared sound in those days: "It sounds like another Nicklaus charge!" (Precisely their words.)

Sure enough, Jack's name would go charging up the leaderboard. Often times, the leaders would get nervous and struggle coming in. Many of these times Jack would go on to win the tournament.

I saw the same kind of intimidation at work watching other players fade during the Tiger era. However, Jack has more major wins, so he is clearly the GOAT. Go ahead and try to spin it your way, if it somehow makes you happy.
Don't get too bothered now...just my opinion here. If you want to cherry pick one stat to support that the top guy during your era was the GOAT, then that's fine. The same can easily be done for Tiger.

I happen to think Bobby Jones was the GOAT. He was basically a part time golfer and retired from competitive golf at 28. I think what he accomplished in his time is more impressive than Tiger and Nicklaus. That's just my thoughts.

Have I got a GOAT argument started that isn't LeBron vs MJ? To everyone else...you're welcome.

I hate Bama.

I liked this so fast the gif hadn't loaded. 😂 F those guys. It was really fun to beat them by 20 this year, and then go down to their sucky town and beat them a second time in front of what the TV said was the largest home crowd to ever see one of their games. A bonus that the crook Saban was on hand.

Disagree wholeheartedly. I would legalize, tax the **** out of it, write sweeping legislation giving immediate appellate power to those incarcerated for marijuana possession. Use those BILLIONS made and saved, to fix infrastructure, increase police training and pay, and go after gun & narcotics smugglers/human traffickers.
I agree with this idealistic view.
However, you don’t truly believe that the US government would then do the correct and responsible thing with the money do you?

Don't get too bothered now...just my opinion here. If you want to cherry pick one stat to support that the top guy during your era was the GOAT, then that's fine. The same can easily be done for Tiger.

I happen to think Bobby Jones was the GOAT. He was basically a part time golfer and retired from competitive golf at 28. I think what he accomplished in his time is more impressive than Tiger and Nicklaus. That's just my thoughts.

Have I got a GOAT argument started that isn't LeBron vs MJ? To everyone else...you're welcome.
It's a good debate between the 3

Happy Sunday

May 5, 2024: Deliberately come into peace as you release yourself from stress. Step on to the firm foundation of faith in My word, in My kingdom, and in relationship with Me, says the Lord. When your foundation is solid everything that you build will reflect that same fundamental power. Your position in Me will bring you to a position of life and strength. Ephesians 6:10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might.
I was hoping we might hear from you today.

Pray for me, that I might keep a right spirit towards the other grandparents and not think/say "racca" towards them.

Such a classic movie, scene. Perhaps the greatest movie, certainly greatest Sci-Fi move ever. Now the light saber and battle for Endor is the Goat, but beginning to end, Empire is the goat. Take out Ewoks, and Return would win.
RotJ also has, for my money, the best individual line and payoff in all of Star Wars when Luke denies the Emperor, throws his lightsaber away, and says "I am a Jedi, like my father before me".

VN Store

Back