Recruiting Football Talk VII

In case you want to do some reading or support groups helping to preserve redeye. FyI they are non-native. Introduced in the 50's, but are unique to the south.

No scientific term annoys me more than "citizen science"

Impressive year for in state schools in baseball, obviously ut is the #1 team in the country, but you also have apsu, who I think would be a fun post season matchup for ut. And you also have etsu, who is 30-15 currently, and they can score a lot too.
I do not want to play UT in regionals.................

May 7
1994: The Nuggets beat the Sonics in the first round of the playoffs to become the NBA's first No. 8 seed to beat a No. 1 seed.
1715106902196.png
1995: Reggie Miller drops 8 points in 8.9 seconds to give the Pacers a win against the Knicks in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference semifinals.
1715106942957.png
2002: Allen Iverson shares his infamous thoughts on practice.
1715106981496.png

NFL teams that have never won the Super Bowl.

Minnesota Vikings
Buffalo Bills
Cincinnati Bengals
Atlanta Falcons
Carolina Panthers
Arizona Cardinals
Tennessee Titans
Los Angeles Chargers
Cleveland Browns
Detroit Lions
Jacksonville Jaguars
Houston Texans
That list is nuts..it's crazy that so many teams have never won it...but if I'm not mistaken, Cleveland won 4 NFL titles in the 40s and 50s and I think a lot of folks count that the same as a Super Bowl.

Battle on Lanier until the bitter end. Apparently he has a G league offer and KY is in the mix.

I’m sure he has received plenty of offers but unless I missed it our insiders have not swayed from what they have said about Lanier (we lead)…that info while some of it might be true it has no bearing in regards to there being a perceived “battle” for him other then his mom saying the goal is to get drafted in the first round…he will go through the draft process get whatever intel he needs and then make a decision from there everything else is hearsay from Kentucky fans.

Reactions: DD4ME
That list is nuts..it's crazy that so many teams have never won it...but if I'm not mistaken, Cleveland won 4 NFL titles in the 40s and 50s and I think a lot of folks count that the same as a Super Bowl.
Don't believe they do count them the same as SBs. At least not that I've heard of.

Reactions: knoxvol52
Me and the wifey are flying to Dublin for the honeymoon today! Anyone of you morans been before?

Several times. Dublin is the worst part of Ireland and it is still one of my favorite cities to visit. Speaks so highly of Ireland. Not poorly of Dublin.

Congratulations to y'all! Have a blast! Feel free to message if you want tips or recommendations.

NFL teams that have never won the Super Bowl.

Minnesota Vikings
Buffalo Bills
Cincinnati Bengals
Atlanta Falcons
Carolina Panthers
Arizona Cardinals
Tennessee Titans
Los Angeles Chargers
Cleveland Browns
Detroit Lions
Jacksonville Jaguars
Houston Texans
The Bills ooof so close so many times 😒

Reactions: knoxvol52
How would NCAA enforce NIL limits when courts have already ruled against it? The employee and CBA part to lock kids in makes sense, but couldn't that be challenged too. I think this logic is so naive.
Curious what they would challenge. If an adult is signing a contract with a university.

I keep laughing about people thinking that if schools and the NCAA try to cap recruit pay. It sounds so nice, but we all know some program will just take it underground again. Hubbs loves to try and lean into this idea and glossing over the possibility that someone won't pay more for a particular recruit. If a guy like Nico is legit worth 5 million or 8 million today how the hell would he be worth some default rookie contract in a couple years?

Someone who loves this logic please help me make it make sense. I think all these idiots are about to do is add a salary on top of all the other crap.
The laws of the universe are irrefutable. People have been trying to make laws or rules that violate the laws of economics for eons and have failed every single time. In the dawning days of football people were aghast at the idea of giving players free tuition (even some players were paid cash money). Football was not a real money make anymore than high school football is today. It was good PR for the school and attracted students to enroll, therefore it was worth a little free tuition to players.
As the money went up so did the player's compensation. Football today is a multibillion dollar industry. On average $250,000 is generated by every FBS player. UT takes in around 2 million on each of its players. There is no way on God's green earth that all of that is going be kept out of the hands of the players.

Me and the wifey are flying to Dublin for the honeymoon today! Anyone of you morans been before?
You have to buy tickets ahead of time to do the Guinness Storehouse tour and it is worth it. All pubs have amazing food, drink, and some have live music. Highly recommend visiting a grocery store. I always find that fascinating on my international travel. M&S was particularly fun in Dublin.

And download an app called FreeNow to order all of your taxis…works like Uber or Lyft.

VN Store

Back