Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Merry Christmas Volnation. Enjoy this blessed holiday with your family and friends.

whats-wrong-with-comet-his-wife-snuck-off-to-vegas-29704051.png

That's how he told me they made Basil Hayden. Watering down Old Grandad Bonded.

Old Grand Dad and OGD Bottled-in-bond
Basil Hayden’s, which is an extra aged version of Old Grand-Dad" Just beacuse a whisky has the same mash bill does not make them the same. In fact the watered down version of OGD 100 Bonded would be OGD 80. There are a lot of things that go into the aging process's that drastically change the flavor. Something as simple as where the barrel is stored in the barn will change the flavor. for instance Jack Green label is the same as Jack Black up until its stored in the barn. The outer edges become green lable. Barrels stored in the middle become black. The barrels in the attic become Single Barrel. Ect...

Basil Hayden’s, which is an extra aged version of Old Grand-Dad" Just beacuse a whisky has the same mash bill does not make them the same. In fact the watered down version of OGD 100 Bonded would be OGD 80. There are a lot of things that go into the aging process's that drastically change the flavor. Something as simple as where the barrel is stored in the barn will change the flavor. for instance Jack Green label is the same as Jack Black up until its stored in the barn. The outer edges become green lable. Barrels stored in the middle become black. The barrels in the attic become Single Barrel. Ect...
Good info. I got a friend's dad that goes in with several folks on a barrel of Jack every year. I will have to ask him where he got the barrel in the barn.

Good info. I got a friend's dad that goes in with several folks on a barrel of Jack every year. I will have to ask him where he got the barrel in the barn.
Yeah it's really cool every single barrel is unique. I'm sure they taste several barrels before picking one.

Yeah it's really cool every single barrel is unique. I'm sure they taste several barrels before picking one.
Yeah something like that. I think they get their choice of three barrels . Each one is a little different . Big investment . He has asked me but I am a tequila man.

Reactions: TennacJed
My kiddo turns 3 in April. This is the first Christmas when he sort of gets the concept and is excited opening gifts. He'll wake up in about an hour or so, should be fun
My kid turns 3 in April also. This Christmas has been a blast, such a fun age right now. I’m taking him to his first UT game for the bowl. I’m stoked about it.

Dang, August/September were some busy times for VN 3 years ago. Lol. My oldest will be 3 April 3rd.

Yeah something like that. I think they get their choice of three barrels . Each one is a little different . Big investment . He has asked me but I am a tequila man.
Herradura Seleccion Suprema is my favorite but can't afford it. Don Julio 1942 is my go to when I have over $100 to spend. Good Tequila is expensive compared to good bourbon. El Mayor is decent for a bottle under $40. I really want to try Tres Comas because i'm a huge Silicon Valley fan!

Reactions: rekinhavoc
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back