Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might be a sell out, I liked the Steelers when Terry was QB. He was the so called “”dual threat” before that became a thing, when it was him being a scrambling QB.
I thought Archie Manning made that a thing. Of course, he was just running for his life behind that fearsome Saints OL. It's amazing that he can even walk today :):):)

This is a bigger concern at this point than most think or are talking about. We have plenty of weapons and options, and had absolutely nothing to lose... yet we threw either bombs or basically ran up the middle. NOT. GOOD.
Chaney did nothing from what I could see to adjust or help JG out the second half.

Hard to call effective plays when your guys aren’t blocking, whether it be OL or RB responsible for picking up blitzes

I’m kind of with you on this but am still a bit shattered by how weak and ineffective the OL was
Yeah me too, the ability to Pick up blitzes seems like college football 101. Big Jim did JG no favors by not bringing in extra blockers when we need longer passes.

How do we realistically not just catch, but surpass UGA, UF, and Bama?

I agree those games are the measuring sticks for the program. But how do we beat them?

We either need a serious edge on the field (QB), a schematic advantage (Charlie Weis available?), a talent edge (unlikely), or a lucky game. This is pretty doomerish, but I don't see how we can ever get to the point where we beat them consistently. At best we will beat them every 3-4 years.

It sucks because both UGA and UF didn't have their **** together and we had a brief window to gain that edge. Instead, we had Butch here. Thankfully, he won three of those games, but lost plenty he shouldn't have.

The other option is just hoping one or more of those programs implode or hit a long downcycle. Florida could potentially be headed there with their disaster of a defense. But I don't see UGA collapsing anytime soon, nor Bama.

It's frustrating. We are in direct recruiting competition with them. It actually reminds me of Michigan vs Ohio State. Ohio State has an iron grip on that rivalry. How does Michigan gain the edge? They have a good coach and talent, but they are just behind every year. They need a lucky game and they haven't gotten it thus far. And Ohio State is not a program that truly downcycles. So they're just in limbo waiting for something to happen.

Yeah me too, the ability to Pick up blitzes seems like college football 101. Big Jim did JG no favors by not bringing in extra blockers when we need longer passes.

Devo linked a twitter account that breaks down UT tape.

Even when RB stayed in to block - they whiffed. Maybe we should’ve put another OL in the backfield

Reactions: Volsdeep4
Devo linked a twitter account that breaks down UT tape.

Even when RB stayed in to block - they whiffed. Maybe we should’ve put another OL in the backfield
I missed that video I will have to go look. I seen where I believe it was Eric gray missed big.

No. The people want instant success and results. You should be able to flip everything in your program around including your development of players. Psh. Some need of these so called fans need a reality check & their heads examined. Pruitt is the right guy for the job, but too many think this is an overnight fix. The programs we’re struggling against didn’t have as far back to come from to become contenders, but I know you’re aware of this. We were literally winless in conference play not that long ago. Literally won only 4 games in a season, recently. But we’re supposed to flip the switch and become national title contenders overnight.
Bingo

Reactions: hooter vol
that was the only surprise?

i mean, i didn't think we'd get beat that bad up front, but i also didn't think we'd go out and own their defensive front either. that front 7 is probably the best front 7 in america......we should have/could have played better....but i had that as a "push" match up at best...

Agree, I expected a push from our most talented position group. We didn’t get that and every other multi player position group was far better based on the raw recruiting talent primarily.

Read an article where “sources close to him” said he had already made a decision and that was last week sometime. Also he’s prob got everyone around him telling him to go to UGA seeing as he’s from Georgia. Would love to get him, but not getting hopes up.

Also I’m starting to believe this “negative recruiting buzz coming out of Athens” only exists on Volnation.

They have a 92.30 average recruit ranking, currently good for 5th. And they’re still in it for a lot of big names. Would LOVE for all of it to be true but I also wouldn’t be surprised if they land another elite class. And if they do, then I think we can prob stop talking about any negative recruiting news regarding Kirby and it was just something we were hyping up in hopes it would actually affect them.

Yep, appears they may get all four of the SE elites we are finalist for all of which would be in the top half dozen or so of our class. How do we close the talent gap aside from serendipitously landing a unicorn difference maker that goes all Johnny Manziel on the league to minimize the talent disparity?

Read an article where “sources close to him” said he had already made a decision and that was last week sometime. Also he’s prob got everyone around him telling him to go to UGA seeing as he’s from Georgia. Would love to get him, but not getting hopes up.

Also I’m starting to believe this “negative recruiting buzz coming out of Athens” only exists on Volnation.

They have a 92.30 average recruit ranking, currently good for 5th. And they’re still in it for a lot of big names. Would LOVE for all of it to be true but I also wouldn’t be surprised if they land another elite class. And if they do, then I think we can prob stop talking about any negative recruiting news regarding Kirby and it was just something we were hyping up in hopes it would actually affect them.
I would rather listen to political garbage than hear about UGA's recruiting class.

How do we realistically not just catch, but surpass UGA, UF, and Bama?

I agree those games are the measuring sticks for the program. But how do we beat them?

We either need a serious edge on the field (QB), a schematic advantage (Charlie Weis available?), a talent edge (unlikely), or a lucky game. This is pretty doomerish, but I don't see how we can ever get to the point where we beat them consistently. At best we will beat them every 3-4 years...

Well, you have to beat them before you can beat them consistently. I don’t think the ‘plan’ is that complicated, but it’s obviously very hard to do.

You need a full roster that is mostly blue chips and high 3* guys that are developed. (I’d say we are closer, but still have some serious roster gaps like TE for example). This part of the plan can easily be a 4-5 year process unless you start from a solid position.

Then you need a couple of studs. Ideally it would be a pass rusher and a QB. Guys that have the ability to radically alter the game on their own (think Clowney or Johnny Football).

Then you get a couple of nice upsets. Then your recruiting goes from 8-12 to 6-8.

I think we have to preach patience. 3 years ago we were 0-8 in the SEC, 2 years ago we got boat raced by Mizzou at the end of the season, last year we finally started to see the team learn to walk.

UGA is literally the most talented team in the entire country. They are going to embarrass most people. It sucks, but it honestly has no bearing on us at all right now. We will deal with them in a year or two.

I would rather listen to political garbage than hear about UGA's recruiting class.

Ha I don’t disagree I’m just pointing out that the narrative of “Kirby’s antics are catching up to him” doesn’t really seem to be true, at least to this point.

Hopefully they miss out on everyone.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Hard to call effective plays when your guys aren’t blocking, whether it be OL or RB responsible for picking up blitzes
Pruitt eluded to JG not moving the running back to pick up the Mike Blitz a few times.

Also, I dunno if our RBs know but sometimes you just gotta take the punishment of a downhill linebacker to protect your QB. You might get destroyed but that’s just how it is.

Ha I don’t disagree I’m just pointing out that the narrative of “Kirby’s antics are catching up to him” doesn’t really seem to be true, at least to this point.

Hopefully they miss out on everyone.
Rest assured as many on here, ive been in business. Same holds true for most anything people want or believe. If it benefits THEM individually people will happily turn a blind eye .

Perfect example, Dan Mullen is an obvious cucking swooped bang frat boy. Douche exteaordonnairre. He still gets it done.

Pruitt eluded to JG not moving the running back to pick up the Mike Blitz a few times.

Also, I dunno if our RBs know but sometimes you just gotta take the punishment of a downhill linebacker to protect your QB. You might get destroyed but that’s just how it is.

What I heard was he said our center and our QB

Well, you have to beat them before you can beat them consistently. I don’t think the ‘plan’ is that complicated, but it’s obviously very hard to do.

You need a full roster that is mostly blue chips and high 3* guys that are developed. (I’d say we are closer, but still have some serious roster gaps like TE for example). This part of the plan can easily be a 4-5 year process unless you start from a solid position.

Then you need a couple of studs. Ideally it would be a pass rusher and a QB. Guys that have the ability to radically alter the game on their own (think Clowney or Johnny Football).

Then you get a couple of nice upsets. Then your recruiting goes from 8-12 to 6-8.

I think we have to preach patience. 3 years ago we were 0-8 in the SEC, 2 years ago we got boat raced by Mizzou at the end of the season, last year we finally started to see the team learn to walk.

UGA is literally the most talented team in the entire country. They are going to embarrass most people. It sucks, but it honestly has no bearing on us at all right now. We will deal with them in a year or two.

Good post. I agree on the patience thing.

We have to just keep going, flipping the roster, recruiting as well as possible, and hope to get the lucky breaks. Whether those breaks involve finding a stud QB, having a game where UF/UGA/Bama turns the ball over 4 times to our 0, or even one of those programs somehow imploding. Hell, if we had our **** together post-Fulmer, we would likely have run off several in a row vs UF and be about even with UGA since 2010.

It is interesting that Spurrier made South Carolina into essentially a national title contending team (No. 4 postseason in 2013) but never had enormous talent outside of a few playmakers.

It is interesting that Spurrier made South Carolina into essentially a national title contending team (No. 4 postseason in 2013) but never had enormous talent outside of a few playmakers.

Well, Spurrier is legit. I just scanned the Wikipedia article for USC and it looks like it took him 5 years of average results before posting 3 excellent seasons. It would be interesting to see how UGA, UF, and Clemson were during that span.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back