Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
~ 100 yards offense after the 1Q does not equal a well called game. Didn’t see it as I am not an oiler fan, just going by their radio commentators.

I can’t say that I saw a majority of it either. But the drive in the first half was well called. In the 4th quarter, Tannehill audibled to a call or two that didn’t work, and he clearly missed several reads that were open.

Reactions: Volator
Correct.
If Fulmer was the only person wanting to keep him hes probably already gone. Fulmer has had enough support to this point to keep that from already happening. The results of the investigation may change that.

I also wonder if the main reason some are dead set on keeping Pruitt isn’t just because firing him would mean admitting they were wrong.

Reactions: barrylee
If I ever catch Butch Jones in the right spot I’m going to body slam him for starting Hurd over Kamara.

Jalen Hurd had 900 yards and 4.7 per carry and 1120 and 7 TD’s overall from scrimmage his true freshman year before Kamara got there. With a mediocre Oline in 2014. We wouldn’t have gotten to a bowl game that year without his nice move on 4th down late against USCe.

He then had 1285 and 4.6 per carry and almost 1500 yards from scrimmage in 2015. You guys act like he was a scrub. My only complaint was that both could have been played on the field more at the same time, which they utilized every now and then. But Dobbs took up more plays to Kamara than Hurd really did.

Unpopular opinion but I would’ve made Tee the HBC last search and would definitely do it this time around. He has passion for the T and I believe he would put together a great staff. I know he gets a lot of hate on this board but that’s my 2 cents. Back to lurking 👀
You got to kidding can’t coach wide recievers

Reactions: hep
The main risk if you name Tee interim coach is that he's going to want the job at the end of it. Would be a hard conversation to have when we needed to move on. But big boy programs have big boy talks when they have to.

You never how kids will respond to a coach though. I don't necessarily think he's ready, but I was open to hiring him last time around when we were in chaos. Thought he could be a stabilizer and I still think that. He could be a good CEO coach for all we know. Nobody thought Dabo was ready either.

Hire good assistants and let them do their job. Motivate and inspire and spread good things into the world about the program. Tee could do those things. Can he manage a gameday? Don't know. There would be some learning curves. But he might do a better job than some of us think.

I would rather hire him than some outsider we've got to google and cross our fingers on.

Would be cool if some of the big wigs gracing us with their presence would screenshot their donor ranking on Allvols . I’ll go first. I’m in the top 15% people! Listen to me damnit !!! NOT

I know a few people “up on the hill” and in the grand scheme of things pertaining to UT sports my status within and knowledge of the inner workings of the UTAD is the same as pretty much everybody on this board. I’m a nobody 😂

View attachment 338080
Got me beat by about 5,000 spots. Do you start getting the nugs when you’re in the top 2K?

Reactions: Jravol78
The main risk if you name Tee interim coach is that he's going to want the job at the end of it. Would be a hard conversation to have when we needed to move on. But big boy programs have big boy talks when they have to.

You never how kids will respond to a coach though. I don't necessarily think he's ready, but I was open to hiring him last time around when we were in chaos. Thought he could be a stabilizer and I still think that. He could be a good CEO coach for all we know. Nobody thought Dabo was ready either.

Hire good assistants and let them do their job. Motivate and inspire and spread good things into the world about the program. Tee could do those things. Can he manage a gameday? Don't know. There would be some learning curves. But he might do a better job than some of us think.

I would rather hire him than some outsider we've got to google and cross our fingers on.
Ive been on board the Tee route most hate it but not me.
As far as wanting the job that's up to him, He would have to show something that means he deserves it

Reactions: seaofORANGE22
Jalen Hurd had 900 yards and 4.7 per carry and 1120 and 7 TD’s overall from scrimmage his true freshman year before Kamara got there. With a mediocre Oline in 2014. We wouldn’t have gotten to a bowl game that year without his nice move on 4th down late against USCe.

He then had 1285 and 4.6 per carry and almost 1500 yards from scrimmage in 2015. You guys act like he was a scrub. My only complaint was that both could have been played on the field more at the same time, which they utilized every now and then. But Dobbs took up more plays to Kamara than Hurd really did.

Hurd was ~400 yds away from being the career leader in rushing yards in UT history. Had he stayed he would have been the all time leading rusher in the history of the university. Definitely not a scrub and probably doesn’t get the appreciation he deserves.

(I’m a Gallatin guy and he went to Beech so that’s hard to admit).

It's been more than 12 years since I made this video when that Hitler meme from "Downfall" was in full swing:

It was funny at the time. I didn't think we could sink any lower than losing to a Rick Neuheisel-coached UCLA team with a JUCO quarterback. But we just sank lower, and lower, and lower. And now here we are, and I still don't think we've reached rock bottom. I think we're still waiting for rock bottom.

We talk about how everything turned south after halftime of the Georgia game. But honestly, since the end of the 2016 Georgia game, it's been a really incredible run straight off the cliff. I don't understand how a program with these types of resources and this loyal a fanbase can be so utterly hopeless. But there it is. It's exhausting to be a fan of Tennessee.

You made this?? Amazing job.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
Believe he was planning on coming to Tennessee, along with Steele and Garner. If we can get past this stupid investigation, and keep Jeremy, pretty good chance it’ll happen.
Once I realized who you are, I totally ignore anything you say unless it’s followed by a message to rise above hate.

Unpopular opinion but I would’ve made Tee the HBC last search and would definitely do it this time around. He has passion for the T and I believe he would put together a great staff. I know he gets a lot of hate on this board but that’s my 2 cents. Back to lurking 👀

Let’s pretend Tee is some random coach that did not play for UT. There is no way people would support someone that is a poor position coach currently that got fired from his only coordinator position being in the conversation for our head coaching position, interim or permanent. Randy Sanders is hands down more qualified than Tee if that’s the road the administration wanted to go down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back