Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fisher is a turd in the punch bowl hire. They need to sell tickets but there's too much overlap between Vols fans and Titans fans. Would excite no one.
Like I said, not saying pro or con...just reminding that there are more than 4 individuals who have expressed interest.

Fine. Plenty of other better candidates that actually want this job.
I don't want Gus. There are better candidates who want the job, the question is, will UT hire them. As I said earlier, there are at least 3 who want the job who are great hires that UT won't touch: Freeze, Kiffin, and probably Herman due to his reputation with boosters and Texas staffers.

At this point, I'm hoping for Chadwell or someone out of left field we're not talking about who wants this job. Because right now it is looking like Steele

I'm good with Chadwell. Wish he could have played Napier for the Sun Belt title.

Another factor with Chadwell is that I think he will have the Butch factor for the first couple of years. Butch would still be here if he didn't turn out to be such a weenie. Remember Butch Stones, both in-game and on the recruiting trail? He was making the most of the opportunity. He seemed to relish being UT's head coach the way Kiffin, Dooley, and Pruitt didn't.

Chadwell would be the same, but hopefully, he's not a weenie and wouldn't sabotage his own S&C program and let the inmates start running the asylum.

And maybe not order a “code red” on an existing player. That seemed to be the beginning of the end to me.

Ingram and O’Brien would be the absolute best combo given the circumstances. Hopefully BOB hasn’t signed anything with Bama yet.

Maybe the signing with bama thing isn’t that binding yet

I mean Bama is gutted. Why couldn’t they have an understanding with Marrone and or Obrien that we know the Tenn job is open but we need you to go to work now. Come on and start working and the buyout isn’t in play for Tenn.

Reactions: MrVolton
Absolutely not. Chadwell sets this program back for another decade.
He's not the ideal choice, but he's a better choice than some of the names that have been floated out there. If he sets the program back a decade, I'd hate to see how far they would set us back.

Reactions: Aesius
My god, Bass has turned heel.

main-qimg-287548d107dc7235a8fc6c9a07ba2ee7

What's up guys. Been about a year since posting - looks like I picked a good season to skip...

From a UAB guy here, I'd just offer the thought to maybe slow down a little on Ingram. If you want to hire him because he's a Tennessee guy that would want to do everything in his power to get this place back to where it belongs - then great. But too many seem to be praising him for bringing back UAB Football and rebuilding it. The guy got hired a month before it officially came back, and boosters and community leaders around Birmingham had been working for months to fundraise and get this program back. This was not Ingram's doing - it was a decision that had already been made by Bama Board of Trustees to get Birmingham folks off their backs.

I do thing Ingram's best approach was to let Clark do his thing. Clark was here before Ingram, and he was in the community doing the dirty work of raising funds to get this program back. Once back, Clark went after a ton of JUCO kids that had left other programs for one reason or another. Gave a ton of second chances. Something that would be a little harder to do at a Power 5 program like Tennessee. But he doesn't seem to be a micromanager, and he'll let the HC get the job done.

Ingram also hired Rob Ehsan to coach the basketball team despite him not really having much experience outside of assistant work. That experiment went terribly. When the team quit on Ehsan, Ingram got really lucky that Andy Kennedy (UAB Alum) wanted to come here and coach. All Ingram had to do was say ok, pretty much.

All that to say, maybe he'd work out. I'm just of the opinion that he's not the savior everyone hopes he will be. Got nothing against him - I'll root for the guy whether he's at UAB or Tennessee.

In theory, Fulmer's deal has him as a stabilizing figurehead until his replacement is hired. In reality, Steele is making do with a coordinator who's been job-seeking elsewhere, a coordinator who doesn't really recruit, an assistant whose contract is expiring, another assistant who's been looking around, an assistant nobody likes who's hanging on by his fingernails and Jay Graham. Plus a skeleton crew of support staffers. And the only reason we even have Steele is because of the guys who just got the boot.
I think its very telling what others think of this staff. If these guys were we'll thought of they've gone yesterday. Ansley can't find work. Weinke can't find work. Its was a way overrated staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back