Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before it gets to crazy in here today guys I need some ankle sock recommendations. I wear a size 13 and socks stretch really easy and after a few wears they start to slip with me inside my shoe. Anybody got anything ? I know this is right up @nicksjuzunk ally , but I'm sure it will be a few days before he gets to this post.

I wear a 12. Best I’ve found are puma ankle socks. Only ones that have never slipped inside my shoe.

You forget that TN doesn't have state income tax. Our 3.5 mil is already more than their 3.5 mil. 6 mil probably close to doubles his salary, but the more important point for him is the assistant coaching pool and what he can pay to retain coaches.
Didn't forget, just not sure it's enough to be a deciding factor. Would save him about 190k/year. But also factor sales tax is about 2.25% higher in Knoxville. Property taxes probably a bit higher in Ames though, maybe 60 or 70 basis points.

Maybe 6.65m would double him up. I think that should be a minimum offer (6.5-7). I'd think 8-8.5 is how high we are going to need to go to get a guy turning the NFL down.

Reactions: Frankwillie87
I’m just saying it can be at 99% gentleman agreement and everyone thinks it’s done then something happen (like a leak to the press) and it blows up. I believe if it was at 💯 (signatures on a piece of paper including the Chancellor) and it is legally iron clad, then there is no reason to keep it a secret. Basically It ain’t done till the new coach is in front of a podium in Knoxville.
There's reason to keep it a secret if you have a plan for when it is leaked to the press before the press conference. (Also if you're trying to give the impression you did not have a deal worked out with another coach before you fired one with cause.)

I know we all wish this to start leaking this weekend, if we are truly after a sitting HC or even a coordinator that is at a P5 school, it may be their preference to not ruin a recruiting weekend with rumors out of courtesy (or simply until a firm decision is made).

My guess is, like many have stated, we most likely won’t hear much until Monday after the weekend for recruiting has wrapped up.

Who can we eliminate? A couple have come out and pulled their names out, probably because they had no shot.

Is the list only these two?

Neil Brown
Gus Malhazan

Did I miss any others?

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Subject change: who y’all got in the playoffs?
i think GB runs Tampa. I’m really tempted to bet Buffalo. KC plays a ton of single high and Allen has a bazooka. They matchup great against KC
I like buffalo vs Tampa in super bowl. But just hate betting against mahomes

Bob Stoops
- 1 NC. 2000
- 0.798 winning percentage
- Retired
-Coached in Big 12

Phil Fulmer
- 1 NC. 1998
- 0.745 winning percentage
-Coached in SEC, Tennessee ties
-Retired

You are telling me Bob Stoops is an ideal candidate, worth 7 million a year, and Phil is not a candidate at all? You are gonna have to walk me through the math on that one. I'm not following.

Personally, I don't think we should be dumpster diving behind the retirement home at all. That's just me though.
Ummm bad take. We would pay Stoops a significant amount to come here and coach and most would be happy with it. While on the contrary we have now paid Fulmer upwards of $7 million of 'please stay away' money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back