Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m just going to leave this here but I’m not as worried about recruiting as I am the on the field product. Offense I think will be fine defense will need work.

Reactions: jakez4ut
How bad would UCF have beaten TN, SC, UK, Arky, MSU, Vandy, Mizzou and OM the last 3 year? I think UCF would have boat raced all thise teams.
out of all those, i think UCF v Mizzou and UCF v Ole MIss would have been very entertaining games. UCF would have a very good chance of beating the rest of those teams, especially us and vandy.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
I think there was definitely some back and forth with Franklin, but it never made much sense for him to come here regardless of the money involved. One perhaps overlooked fact with Franklin - he still has lots of friends (in high places) in the Nashville area from his time at Vandy. Going to TN would have severely damaged those relationships (in a way that leaving for PSU did not). Not saying that alone would have prevented it, but at the end of the day, I just can't believe it ever got to the money stage.

$8M per year would make up for a lot of hurt feelings

So wonder what his take on Steele for DC is?

I would say that Coach JH for sure knows the answer to that. Gus M thought alot of Kodi; Kodi got his start in coaching under Gus at Arky St. He had been WR coach at Auburn since 2016 which is the same year Steele took over as DC, so they were on that staff together from nearly five years.

Some reddit traders got together to "push a stock" (don't know why exactly, lots of various reasons I've seen speculated) it took off when Elon Musk tweeted about it (because he's an avid redditor) then the push was on and now the government is trying to get involved or something. Some smaller trading platforms straight up cut off buy feature for the stock (to prevent it being driven up more) and apparently Robinhood is going to force sell shares for its customers.

RH might have just killed their company if they actually do it.
One thing I just learned, one of the biggest companies holding shorts in that stock, is the company RH uses to fill most of their orders. The Citadel

The more de1 continues to bash the hire the better I feel about this hire. Keep it coming de1.

In all fairness he does know his s**t it’s just he values his relationship with tee and feels like he should have gotten atleast a look and for that I respect him and he will get no bickering from me because that is his friend.

So we had coaches not even taking phone calls when we tried to call them and others are saying they are scared of the possible sanctions ? Then we got our man Heupel saying I will pay my own money to get the Tennessee job. Wow come on guys we need to rally around this man. That speaks volumes to me.
When you really look at the buyout he's paying, he'll more than make up the difference in his first year at UT with a $4M salary. It's a pretty good PR move though.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Also, the American had 4 teams finish in the top 60 in points allowed, 2 finished in the top 30.

Their top 4 defensive teams were as good as the SEC's top 4, and Cincinnati's defense was elite finishing 8th in ppg in the country, Alabama was the highest ranked SEC squad at 13th.

Reactions: Sleegro
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back