Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
But everyone was talking about how you can win championships there, easy recruiting, Saban retiring, etc.... Now that they’re having trouble finding a coach it’s all changed.
At one point it was probably the best job open, since there have been at least 2 others open up, and one thats comparable

Yeah I had both shots and I believe its helped me not to get the full bore of it. Still miserable at times but don't have that awful fatigue you can get with it.
That was the worst...I still have drowsiness/unexplainable tiredness occasionally like I never did before Covid.

Since my late twenties I have been a five hour sleeper, but I have to get 7-8 hours at least now...so weird.

Yeah...but if he is unable to light any fire in those Cali players..then he will crash and burn spectacularly just like every other coach since Pete. Those kids just..lack..something as a whole.

Always that possibility. I suspect Riley is about to sign a Mel Tucker-like contract that will guarantee him a healthy retirement no matter the outcome.

However, I consider the Trojan’s recent performance more an issue with the coaches USC has chosen vs. the kids considering that many Cali players go to other areas, including the SEC schools, and do quite well.

Last edited:
N
Heupel’s been great for us, but has he done enough for OU to want him for their job?

Seems they would want to shoot for someone more established. They have a loaded roster and recent success, so they have a lot to sell. I bet they don’t look at Heupel, which is fine by me.
Not saying Heupel is even interested, but their last two coaches had zero HC experience. I’m not sure established is something they’re concerned with.

Reactions: OrangenSC
He’s a douche but he’s still a good coach IMO, and I’d take him over an up and comer

I definitely see why people hate him, but personalities like his are good for sports imo. Like Spurrier, it gets old hearing the same bs coach speak. Like Jake Paul in boxing🤣 there always has to be someone that talks sh!t that everyone hates, makes it more entertaining. It’s just a helluva lot better when it’s your coach doing the talking

Give me the spurrier and Kiffins over the boring repetitive Coach speak. Like when Muschamp said what he said about the fans after the 2014 UF game. Just adds fuel to the rivalry and makes it better, it’s what makes college sports what they are
Talking sh$t is not an issue….. I love that…. He is just a scam artist that doesn’t care about anyone but himself….. wake me up if he ever wins anything that matters

Yup. He made a very smart move. USC is as blueblood as they come.

I really hope he builds USC into a powerhouse and brings back some national balance and wrecks Sankey's golden geese. Screw the rest of the SEC.
Soo...you want somebody to skate into the playoffs with no real competition while everybody else has to face murderers row to get there?

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Because just in terms of football and recruiting, he’s really good.
Really good? He has never won anything of note….took advantage of a down sec this year to have a decent season….got beat pretty good by Bama and auburn…. Barely beat Arkansas and us. There are much better options out there than lane kiffin.

He’s a douche but he’s still a good coach IMO, and I’d take him over an up and comer

I definitely see why people hate him, but personalities like his are good for sports imo. Like Spurrier, it gets old hearing the same bs coach speak. Like Jake Paul in boxing🤣 there always has to be someone that talks sh!t that everyone hates, makes it more entertaining. It’s just a helluva lot better when it’s your coach doing the talking

Give me the spurrier and Kiffins over the boring repetitive Coach speak. Like when Muschamp said what he said about the fans after the 2014 UF game. Just adds fuel to the rivalry and makes it better, it’s what makes college sports what they are

But he’s a knucklehead and skirts the rules. When you do that, you reduce your job opportunities by a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back