Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t care as much as some of you about “1980” as some of you on here, but tonight is a bad night for Tennessee football. The road back just got a lot tougher.
Not sure why it makes it tougher? Would it be better for bammer to win their 30th title? The result of this game means dick to our program. IMO

For the first time this year I noticed a difference in Saban, from the first few weeks of football he looked old and tired.

My worst fear is that tonight we witnessed the beginning of the downfall of one dynasty and the birth of another. I don't in any way believe Kirby will be as successful as Saban but when he's able to bring in a developed QB hell be very difficult to beat.

Not sure why it makes it tougher? Would it be better for bammer to win their 30th title? The result of this game means dick to our program. IMO

A loss might have (not a certainty) dented Kirby’s reputation just enough to start a general decline in his program. That’s out the window now (unless he turns out to be Orgeron 2.0).

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
College football just isn’t enjoyable anymore. We’re forced to recruit at Bama and Georgias level and we’re not close.
And we won’t be…our alumni and donors simply don’t care as much about football as other schools. TN football will still be fun but not elite

Reactions: almirUT
Of course, I hate that our two rivals are playing in this game. If Michigan were here, I'd have a team to root for. But for some reason, emotionally, I really wanted to see Bama knocked out. Maybe it's because I live in Alabama. Now, yes, hoping this knocks Saban out.

Kirby has built such an insane roster. He won with a walk on at qb. Also, he called so many stupid flea flickers, end around, delays, and other slow developing plays that killed his drives. And they still won.

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
For the first time this year I noticed a difference in Saban, from the first few weeks of football he looked old and tired.

My worst fear is that tonight we witnessed the beginning of the downfall of one dynasty and the birth of another. I don't in any way believe Kirby will be as successful as Saban but when he's able to bring in a developed QB hell be very difficult to beat.

He is nowhere near Saban. UT, UF and Auburn have all sucked, but they all three have the potential to give Kirby fits. Hopefully we get there first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back