Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Became a grandfather for the first time last night…what an unbelievable feeling! 😊

View attachment 452971
chicken-chicken-bro.gif

You're gonna end up making him think too much and screw him up. I get what your saying to a point. I was a good hitter and I was taught to swing level and to not take uppercut swings. I started doing that trying to murder the ball and went into a massive slump, just hitting pop-ups and foul balls all the time..when I didn't strike out. My coach got me fixed finally and I got back to hitting line drives all over the yard.

The lesson is to have your McGill's neutered and everything will be alright.

Reactions: volbeast33
Barnes has never liked the NIL landscape. He didn't like it when it was all about money and he dislikes it more now that recruits and their entourage are asking for other things he thinks should be totally off-limits. It was always going to go this way. Recruits who think they're worth more keep upping the stakes, and the more schools offer, the more they want. Then the next recruit thinks he needs to top what was offered before. As long as other schools are willing to consider deal sweeteners for top recruits, it will not only continue, but escalate.

Combine this with the transfer portal, and coaches are having to consider supersized bundles to land top players while re-recruiting their own players to stay. If some players don't get the right combo deal of money, playing time and perks, they portal out. We've already seen that happen. UT has portaled out players we thought were staying and failed to bring in portalers we need due to demands outside the comfort zone. Not sure any coach loves the new landscape, but some hate it more than others.

I agree, but those people are not just like that on game day...they hardly say anything when we win...other than to bitch that we didn't win good enough...and they are always wanting to fire coaches and never shut up about it.

We have a pretty large (at least it seems that way) section of very loud, very corrosive fans...I stand by that statement. They make me wanna puke.
Auburn baseball player’s mom: Tennessee fans behavior ‘classless & down right embarrassing’

Reactions: Enki_Amenra
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back