Recruiting Forum Football Talk LII

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Smart couldn't get him to go to Georgia given he worked with him for 7 years I don't think Pruitt can either. I would love the hire but don't see Cochran leaving

This has been talked about in the Bama media the last few years. Cochran needed 10 years to be fully vested in Retirement System of Alabama. He hit that mark this year. Probably a better chance now than with Kirby. He won't lose that money. I know the point of the article is that it doesn't matter...

Why Bama's Football Coaches Don't Care About Retirement Benefits - Roll 'Bama Roll

I don't want to pile on Butch because if you look at my posts prior to the season I was trying my best to put lipstick on a pig and be optimistic about him and the revamped coaching staff... but I never ever could and still can't figure out how or why some recruits were so loyal to him and willing to decommit - giving up the chance to play for Tennessee - once he was fired.

He just always came accross as a goober to me. Never felt like a "real" football coach. Maybe he was different behind closed doors or whatever but at the podium and on the sidelines he always underwhelmed me. Definitely not an SEC guy.

Contrast to Pruitt and man...... like many have said, you watch his intro PC and you think that this is a guy that knows what he's doing. This is a guy who is going to do big things. I think I have the same underlying fear that many have - that he'll bolt to Alabama when Saban retires - but I'm hoping he's hear for the long term. I like his message and everything he's doing thus far with his staff and recruiting.

Damn I can not wait to see our Tennessee Vols taken seriously again.

I echo your sentiments

Was in Costco in Farragut yesterday. Their employees were talking about how much happier the moods of the customers were that day. Everybody talking about CJP, the new staff, the recruits, a brighter future. As UT football goes, so goes the mood of the area. A merry, Big Orange Christmas for a change.

Reactions: 1 person
This article is right before he left for FSU. I liked it because it definitely showed he is able to work humbly under big egos and still shine.

I think we finally got a winner. Praise to Phil for seeing big picture.
As Pruitt was cutting his play-calling teeth, word floated through the state newly-hired Alabama coach Nick Saban was looking for some help in the high school ranks in 2007. On-the-field jobs were not available, but the door was open for a spot on Saban's support staff.

Pruitt pursued the opportunity, snagged a spot as director of player development and made sure to get noticed in the office. Football was and is his life. "He doesn't hunt or fish, and he's not a very good golfer," Dale Pruitt says.

He arrived early, stayed late and was elevated to an on-the-field job as the defensive backs coach in January 2009.

He sat in the press box on game days for three seasons and communicated with Saban and defensive coordinator Kirby Smart as they developed top-ranked defenses and three national championship teams.

"When Kirby was talking on the headsets most of his conversations were with Jeremy," Propst said. "Jeremy was Kirby and coach Saban's eyes in the sky."

Pruitt coached several first-round NFL draft picks during his three years as a full-time assistant. He primarily coached the safeties, and was known across the country as one of the best recruiters on Saban's staff. He was named the top recruiter in the country by 247sports.com in 2012.

Pruitt deflects the credit, of course, and in Little Rock tells the crowd as much. "Everybody in the country knows who the DBs coach is and that's Nick Saban," Pruitt said Dec. 11. "Everybody knows that and I'm not ashamed to say it, he is the DBs coach. Everybody knows it. All you've got to do is run the film."

Reactions: Weezer
Was in Costco in Farragut yesterday. Their employees were talking about how much happier the moods of the customers were that day. Everybody talking about CJP, the new staff, the recruits, a brighter future. As UT football goes, so goes the mood of the area. A merry, Big Orange Christmas for a change.

Love Costco.

Reactions: 6 people
Love Costco.

Same here. Go every two weeks without fail. Then head over to Fresh Market. Done.

Bought my car through their auto program. Easiest vehicle purchase I have ever made. Will do it again.

Homemade swiss rolls ftw

diy-dessert-cake-roll-gif-3388706.gif

Reactions: Weezer and Bms4880
Same here. Go every two weeks without fail. Then head over to Fresh Market. Done.

Bought my car through their auto program. Easiest vehicle purchase I have ever made. Will do it again.

I almost bought a car through their auto program this year. It’s typically a good deal to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back