Recruiting Forum Football Talk LV

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we had a true 5, last nights game would have been different.

:popcorn:

LaJ9Kmo.gif

Reactions: 6 people
Is there a player thread for Treveon Johnson?

If not, will one of the OCD posters make one.

[twitter] https://twitter.com/TKJ_11/status/953748555012952064 [/twitter]

Last edited:
All this basketball talk about having a true 5 is so dumb. Have you guys watched basketball in the last 5 years? True 5s are fossils in today's game. They have a little more relevancy in college than in NBA, but it's no longer necessary to have a 7 foot statue clogging the paint.

UT just needs consistency and to stop turning the ball over all the time. The talent and the hustle are there. Our resume is way too good to not make the tourney. We'd have to really bottom out and play .300 basketball to play ourselves out of it. This will be the first year in a long time where the SEC is viewed as one of, if not the strongest, conferences. Possibility of at a minimum 8 teams making it in.

Don't care about rankings. All 3 of those teams are top 35 RPI teams, and 2 were on the road. The conference is really competitive this year.

Oh, you're right about that. These aren't bums we're losing to by any means, but they are conference opponents who we have to beat consistently. And I believe we will get there. This is still a young team that has outplayed the expectations of any reasonable person this year. I'm just being ultra competitive and looking at winning the conference going forward.

Two Clemson signees got bumps to 5*. They now have 5 5*s in a 15 person class. Three 5* DL. I think Pruitt is going to be fully capable of doing this too.

Reactions: 1 person
Two Clemson signees got bumps to 5*. They now have 5 5*s in a 15 person class. Three 5* DL. I think Pruitt is going to be fully capable of doing this too.

Yeah. Except Pruitt will specialize in getting all the JUCO 5*s in the country. It will be glorious

Glad Pruitt is getting back into California, If I remember right Khalil was the only guy Butch signed in his 5 years here.

Man I don't know what to think about this final stretch of recruiting season. We are in on so many good names. We could close unbelievably strong or we could strike out big time.

I'm trying to keep my expectations in check because this is just the first Pruitt cycle and he hasn't been here long. But he also keeps surprising me by putting us right in the mix with the 2 schools that we just saw in the title game for players. That feels like a risky way to go. But it really might pay off.

These are the battles we have to win if we want to beat those teams on the field. It starts now. I'm already pleased with where this class is if we can hold together what we have. But a strong finish could expedite this new era of Vol football.

We need some of these DB's we're in on. We have to add alphas to the secondary. We need another OL. We need to hold onto JJ. Adding Quay is complete gravy, but may prove crucial for the future if we can finish it. Bring me all the huge DL that weigh anywhere between 270-300.

There was a time when this program was feared. That line keeps ringing in my head. That fear starts with scary players and coaches that are willing to get them here.

Let's gooooo

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back