Recruiting Forum Football Talk LV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alvin will be the face of the NFL next season.

I've already predicted him to be the league MVP next year.

It's a longshot for any non-QB. As great as he is also, he's going to be splitting carries w Ingram still. Antonio Brown was the best offensive player in the league this year and there's almost no way he gets it.

From a poster on VQ...TIFWIW

Interesting on Shoop. I've long hypothesized that maybe our personnel wasn't a good match for him.

I'm gonna catch heat for this and I don't know a better way to say it.

But maybe our defensive players just weren't as capable at understanding his schemes and instruction as say, they were at Vanderbilt for instance.

But I mean, it still reflects poorly on him. You adjust to your personnel and he clearly didn't do that. Didn't simplify things.

Reactions: 2 people
Interesting on Shoop. I've long hypothesized that maybe our personnel wasn't a good match for him.

I'm gonna catch heat for this and I don't know a better way to say it.

But maybe our defensive players just weren't as capable at understanding his schemes and instruction as say, they were at Vanderbilt for instance.

But I mean, it still reflects poorly on him. You adjust to your personnel and he clearly didn't do that. Didn't simplify things.

Don’t let the name across the front of the jersey fool you, Franklin recruited some knuckleheads.

Reactions: 1 person
Don’t let the name across the front of the jersey fool you, Franklin recruited some knuckleheads.

I am sure he did. Looking at Bob Shoop's career, UT is the statistical anomaly. Just trying to throw out possibilities why he failed here and succeeded elsewhere.

I am sure he did. Looking at Bob Shoop's career, UT is the statistical anomaly. Just trying to throw out possibilities why he failed here and succeeded elsewhere.

We’ll see how well he does out from under Franklin’s leadership. I thought he was a homerun like you. He may very well be an elite coordinator. But a few coaches did shine under Butch like Old man DeBord, Elder, and Gillespie so there’s something there to be said about Shoop just being a boob.

He was Travis Haney’s infamous “source” from what I’ve heard.

Reactions: 1 person
I grew up on and love Country, but it’s been dead to me for years. Been a big Bluegrass and Roots rock fan for years now. The Steel drivers had this lead singer....
Seamless

Steeldrivers with or without Stapleton are phenomenal. Also really like William Elliot Whitmore, The White Buffalo, Dirty River Boys, American Aquarium and Turnpike Troubadours. On another note, if you guys ever have the opportunity to make it to Fort Worth, just drop in at Magnolia Motor Lounge and enjoy the music.

Last edited:
We’ll see how well he does out from under Franklin’s leadership. I thought he was a homerun like you. He may very well be an elite coordinator. But a few coaches did shine under Butch like Old man DeBord, Elder, and Gillespie so there’s something there to be said about Shoop just being a boob.

He was Travis Haney’s infamous “source” from what I’ve heard.

Thought that was Antoine Davis

I am semi surprised Pruitt has so quickly moved on from the gray uniforms considering how much the recruits seem to love them. He does strike me as a traditionalist though and Nike may have something else planned to replace them. Who knows.

I am semi surprised Pruitt has so quickly moved on from the gray uniforms considering how much the recruits seem to love them. He does strike me as a traditionalist though and Nike may have something else planned to replace them. Who knows.

I am a little surprised as well, but you look at Alabama and they win championships with no alternative uniforms. They just have straight home and away. I don’t think the recruits mind that much.

This is why I doubt he got rid of them

I am a little surprised as well, but you look at Alabama and they win championships with no alternative uniforms. They just have straight home and away. I don’t think the recruits mind that much.

They don't. I don't think it's as big of a deal as some people make it out to be for recruiting. Surely at the end of the day a kid isn't going to make a life changing decision based on a uniform. I personally will be glad if we ditch the grays. They're not Tennessee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back