Recruiting Forum Football Talk LVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. Sizeable imo

Depends. As a RB coach --- obviously. As a recruiter --- maybe not.

Weinke has sizable connections in the industry. If they can position him in a role that's suitable for his experience and shift a more experienced coach to the RB role, we may realize a net benefit.

Reactions: 1 person
I think the hospital in STL was mentioned by our cardiac surgeon as being one of the 2 or 3 hospitals (including Vandy Children's) that was the best for pediatric cardiology, so I'm sure your son is in excellent hands.

One of the things that helped me was venting on VN. Seriously. It was cathartic. One of the others was speaking to parents with children who had lived through the same thing that we did.

Seriously...I don't know you from Adam but I'm more than happy to be a sounding board if you need one.

Did you know one near the VA area? I have a friend who has a 12 year old in VA that has been referred to see one.

No i actually watch instead of just googling Sam Pittman Arkansas and then direct quoting the first two articles you find.

What do you see? I'm curious since the results on the field, proper techniques of the players he develops, top recruits signing to play for him, etc. don't seem to phase you. The googling is for examples of what Bret Bielema and analysts thought of him.

Did you know one near the VA area? I have a friend who has a 12 year old in VA that has been referred to see one.

Are they in northern VA? I know in the northeast Boston and Philadelphia are THE places to go for pediatric cardiology.

Rg had to go if Pruitt wanted someone else. Coachess need to pick their own guys on staff for continuity. That was part of Butch's problem

Mind if I ask what you daughter's actual diagnosis is?

Eli has Tetralogy of Fallot with Pulmonary Artesia and a single large MAPCA. The CHD was caused by his 22q11.2 deletion (Di George's syndrome). So far, he appears to be a mild case, with the only known symptoms being the CHD (which obviously is major) and a slightly recessed chin. The syndrome comes with a potential of 180 different symptoms, most of which aren't evident until later, so we will see.

On the football front. I trust Pruitt with the keys to the kingdom, but all these names feel like a downgrade from coach G, who I loved. Excited about the JUCO coming onboard for offensive analyst. I think he could be the next OC if Helton is offered a head gig somewhere.

She had multiple issues, the most severe was coarctation of the aorta, which is what nearly killed her. I think I've said this before but, I've reread some of my posts from the beginning...I gave a very positive spin to her condition. After her first surgery, her doctor actually cried with us when he came to tell us she was ok. He flat out said that when she presented to the ER, he didn't think she would make it...I think said he gave her a less than 10% chance of living.

She also had several holes in her ventricles along with VSD (ventricular septal defect). The only way to diagnose the coarctation was through an invasive ultrasound in the third trimester of a bad pregnancy, which was not the case for my wife.

She had to go back for two heart caths and, ultimately, a second open heart because the tissue that causes the coarctation is identical to normal, healthy tissue. The doctor said he took what he could without actually having to go into the heart the first time but got it all the second.

She still has some mild arterial stenosis hardened arteries) in her left ventricle which may eventually need more surgery. It's scary but...just thankful for each day that we have her.

Last edited:

We were told Vandy Children's, University of Cinncinatti, STL Children's, and one other I can't recall off the top of my head were literally the best in the country.

Unfortunately no info for VA, sorry.

Edit: I think Dus10 is right, Boston and Philly

At least we didn’t have to google him, amirite?

Some on Volnation needs to realize that you.dont get a staff of sabans caliber in your first year of your first ever head coaching job. Pruitt has a helluva staff assembled and hopefully they win so he can continue to pay the guys and get more money to hire guys if need be

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back