Recruiting Forum Football Talk LVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, you said Osevet would NEVER take an off the field role so what do you know?? 😁

Same as all of us right now. I don’t believe the off field role has been announced. As far as WR’s coach, where did I miss? I don’t see WR’s coach in his resume. And do you disagree that WR’s coach is the more difficult job to excel at?

Edit: Feldman confirmed it’s off-field. Mea culpa. :hi:

Last edited:
Same as all of us right now. I don’t believe the off field role has been announced. As far as WR’s coach, where did I miss? I don’t see WR’s coach in his resume. And do you disagree that WR’s coach is the more difficult job to excel at?

No, I agreed with your point, just wanted to take a good natured jab at you. Thought it was funny you said that right about the time it was reported to be an offensive analyst role lol

Speaking at the Big Orange TipOff Club in Knoxville on Wednesday, Fulmer told the crowd that Gillespie “didn’t like” being dismissed by new head coach Jeremy Pruitt but understood the nature of things in a “big boy business.”

“This is a big boy’s business,” Fulmer said, according to the Knoxville News Sentinel. “He understood. He was very professional. We talked yesterday. It was simply a matter of Coach Pruitt doing what he thought was right for his program and Robert.

“Robert was fine. Robert is OK. He didn’t like it, I’m not saying that. But he’s OK. He understood. It’s a big boy business.”

Gillespie’s departure will essentially remove all of Tennessee’s ties to the Butch Jones era. The popular running backs coach was the lone assistant initially retained by Pruitt, so his departure will be a clean break from an era that began with promise but ended in a frustrating mess.

Fulmer — who told the BOTC crowd that he loved Gillespie and his family — didn’t shy away from restating that his primary goal as Tennessee’s athletic director “is to help fix football.”

“That’s my main responsibility here: To get the engine going that makes everything else work over at UT,” Fulmer said, according to the KNS.

Fulmer gets it.

Reactions: 17 people
She had multiple issues, the most severe was coarctation of the aorta, which is what nearly killed her. I think I've said this before but, I've reread some of my posts from the beginning...I gave a very positive spin to her condition. After her first surgery, her doctor actually cried with us when he came to tell us she was ok. He flat out said that when she presented to the ER, he didn't think she would make it...I think said he gave her a less than 10% chance of living.

She also had several holes in her ventricles along with VSD (ventricular septal defect). The only way to diagnose the coarctation was through an invasive ultrasound in the third trimester of a bad pregnancy, which was not the case for my wife.

She had to go back for two heart caths and, ultimately, a second open heart because the tissue that causes the coarctation is identical to normal, healthy tissue. The doctor said he took what he could without actually having to go into the heart the first time but got it all the second.

She still has some mild arterial stenosis hardened arteries) in her left ventricle which may eventually need more surgery. It's scary but...just thankful for each day that we have her.

One blessing in our situation is that it we caught it in the middle of my wife’s pregnacy, so we had a plan from the beginning. Of course Eli had his own plan and decided to come 2 weeks early, so my wife still ended up on a helicopter to St Louis. But that was part of the plan as well. We spent 17 days at St Louis Children’s before everyone was comfortable sending him home to grow before surgery.

This is Pruitt's stamp on the program. He wants his guys, let him bring his guys. Welton And Gillespie didn't get done last year. Gotta get that 4-8 stench outta here.

This is an example of Fulmer letting Pruitt run his program. He could have easily said, he’s under contract give it a year and see what happens. This is the kind of AD I love. Managers manage, coaches coach, players play. Everyone knows their role and goes to work with the same goal of getting Tennessee back to winning.

Reactions: 12 people
This is an example of Fulmer letting Pruitt run his program. He could have easily said, he’s under contract give it a year and see what happens. This is the kind of AD I love. Managers manage, coaches coach, players play. Everyone knows their role and goes to work with the same goal of getting Tennessee back to winning.

As a former coach, he's sees the importance of allowing his coaches to do things/hire people that they feel are necessary to be successful. We've had way to much AD meddling in recent years, imo.

Reactions: 1 person
What was the point of letting coach G linger instead of allowing him to go out and finding a job? What recruit were we worried about losing if we let him go?

What was the point of letting coach G linger instead of allowing him to go out and finding a job? What recruit were we worried about losing if we let him go?

Might have been more for ones that Pruitt thought we might be IN ON. Letting a coach stay through NSD is a common practice.

Exactly

We could have gotten those 3 stars without him

Hey oh! Exit this way? No? Over here? Got it

"Such myopic drivel elucidates the waning commitment of the academic establishment to foster the appropriate balance among the varied interests and obligations of the modern day student-athlete."

- Cardale Jones

“In the eyes of a ranger, the unsuspecting stranger had better know the truth of wrong from right.”

—Cordale Walker

Attachments

• 1D90CFF6-342D-4D2F-BA81-ACA17F0A97C1.jpg
    1D90CFF6-342D-4D2F-BA81-ACA17F0A97C1.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: 2 people
One blessing in our situation is that it we caught it in the middle of my wife’s pregnacy, so we had a plan from the beginning. Of course Eli had his own plan and decided to come 2 weeks early, so my wife still ended up on a helicopter to St Louis. But that was part of the plan as well. We spent 17 days at St Louis Children’s before everyone was comfortable sending him home to grow before surgery.

I don't know what's worse, knowing your child has to have surgery on their heart or having to wait on it.

I feel you, brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back