Recruiting Forum Football Talk LVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Davenport’s emails and texts with Currie don’t give me the warm and fuzzy feelings.

She told him to stay the course and ignore the noise at one point. Then something changes and all of the sudden she’s trying to hold him accountable for going rogue.

These documents make me think she played both sides of the fence.

Agree.

Makes me wonder if she was playing both sides as long as she could, but when push came to shove she knew what was the right thing to do. Back that up with the decision to fire the Haslam’s yes man and hire Fulmer; she’s alright in my book.

There was only one side before Schiano.

Idk I think she was on board with Schiavo until people started threatning to stop donating. I also think she wouldnt have gottne rid of Currie if he hadnt gone rouge and went out west on his own

Anybody know what the chances are of this bill passing? Vol twitter needs to stand up.

The odds are extremely good, unfortunately. The bill passed through the Senate committee hearing 8-0 for vote tomorrow on the Senate floor. Still has to go through the house.

Fact of the matter is this legislature isn't going to stand up to the Governor, who wants to be the next President of UT, and prevent him from hiring the people who will ultimately hire him. Raja Kubron's ties with the Haslams are so deep and so shady that he really is nothing but a parrot for Haslam agendas.

Like, say for example, never bothering to properly vet a subpar coach with questions regarding his judgement while at Penn State, or coming off Schiano Sunday with the idea STILL that John Currie was doing a great job as AD.

No legitimate businessman with the sense God gave a rock would have thought that. So if SB2260 passes, prepare yourselves for years more of Kubron/Haslam collusion on the BoT.

Reactions: 1 person
Davenport said from the beginning that she was going to trust her AD to find and vet the best candidate. When she started to doubt him, I think she pulled back and took a more active role. Perhaps she wasn't made fully aware of Schiano's past... or perhaps she was politicking a bit. But it would have been much easier to go along with Currie, Jubran et al than to go against them. Like her or not, she has backbone and she's nobody's puppet.

Reactions: 5 people
Davenport said from the beginning that she was going to trust her AD to find and vet the best candidate. When she started to doubt him, I think she pulled back and took a more active role. Perhaps she wasn't made fully aware of Schiano's past... or perhaps she was politicking a bit. But it would have been much easier to go along with Currie, Jubran et al than to go against them. Like her or not, she has backbone and she's nobody's puppet.

She bucked on outsourcing UT custodial/maintenance too.

Reactions: 3 people

She obviously has bigger balls than most up there.

Yep. And that was an unpopular stance that put her against Jubran and the Haslams, too. I think she supports what she feels is best for the university.

Refreshing. It's been a long time since there were two in authority that did - her and Phil.

I'm honestly concerned for Phil already if this bill passes. Wouldn't be surprised if they try to push him out the door in a year or two, simply because he's not Haslam's puppet. Sickening.

Makes me wonder if she was playing both sides as long as she could, but when push came to shove she knew what was the right thing to do. Back that up with the decision to fire the Haslam’s yes man and hire Fulmer; she’s alright in my book.

This. She’s a survivor who stepped up...when it counted.

I'm honestly concerned for Phil already if this bill passes. Wouldn't be surprised if they try to push him out the door in a year or two, simply because he's not Haslam's puppet. Sickening.

If Heavy is pushed out the door in a year or two, there needs to be a Schiano hiring style protest from fans.

Don't see that happening in the first couple of years. Phil has a lot Vol nation support for being the AD after the Rocky Top Revolution. He had just lost the support to be the HC. If CJP is successful in rebuilding Phil can stay as long as he wants.

Doubt Jimmy cares about UT much after the revolution and Pilot. Big Jim and Bill on the other hand...

Don't see that happening in the first couple of years. Phil has a lot Vol nation support for being the AD after the Rocky Top Revolution. He had just lost the support to be the HC. If CJP is successful in rebuilding Phil can stay as long as he wants.

Doubt Jimmy cares about UT much after the revolution and Pilot. Big Jim and Bill on the other hand...

I think they'd rather have power than to see "their" program have success under someone else's guidance. Even if it meant blowing up a good thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Totally random but would y’all have rather hired Mike Leach or Mike Gundy? The more i look at gundy the less impressed i am with him.

Either would have been good hires. Would be super fun to watch that offense. I think pro style is a bit boring tbh. But if it wins games so be it

Maybe. Maybe not. I’d bet Charlie Anderson had differing opinions than Jubran/Currie. In all, when the time came for her to make a call, she made the right one.

Charlie Anderson didn’t have a say until Schiano. It was Currie/Haslam making the hire until it went nuclear.

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back