Recruiting Forum Football Talk LX

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want to feel better about your ability to cook. Watch Nailed It on Netflix (probably just triggered invol)

If you want to feel better about your ability to cook. Watch Nailed It on Netflix (probably just triggered invol)

giphy.gif

Reactions: 4 people
My youngest son stared football when he was five and in his first game got two penalties for unnecessary roughness. He weighted about 40 pounds at the time. In high school, he started on offense, defense and special teams and was presented an award which was this quote from Bear Bryant "It is not the size of the dog in the fight; its the size of the fight in the dog".

I know, son was and is a biggun, got him in football early to help with size. He had the fight in him up until that year and lost it. Regret to this day, that we started him so early. Sometimes, as parents, we push too hard.

Reactions: 1 person
He’ll say whatever it takes to get people on Twitter and VolNation to talk about him.

He’s extremely biased and only cares about being Vol Nation’s “hero” or whatever.

I don't listen to Swain often, but he's not as bad as you're saying.

He's at his best when he's giving insight into what it's like to be in the position of our players and talking about what his experiences were like and where he thinks our kids' heads are at.

It’s better than the 247 podcast where they talk about what they had for dinner last night for the first 20 minutes.

Nah at least you can skip forward through all the crap with the 247 podcast. No FF on radio and the recordings of the show swain releases still have all the adds. And it's not like Swain doesn't spend time talking about stuff unrelated to UT football as well.

Not to take this discussion to a different tangent, but I find it disappointing that so many kids are playing certain sports on a year-round basis, such as the travel teams you find in youth baseball, soccer, etc. I thoroughly enjoyed growing up and playing football during football season, basketball during basketball season, baseball during baseball season.

If I was a parent today, I think I would worry more about my child burning out in a particular sport than a lot of other things.

Just a pet peeve of mind...

I agree. John Smoltz has a good take on this, imo. He's rather passionate about the subject, actually.

Coach of rescued Thai soccer team a '''country boy''' longing for citizenship

Very interesting article about the coach. Explains why he and some of the boys aren't really Thai citizens and how he became a novice monk at the age of 10 after his father died.

A lot of hill tribe people don’t have proper papers. Up here, most people are from the tribes, and not ethnic Thai’s. Very easy to traffic when you don’t have identification. Many can never leave a general area or they will be arrested at a police checkpoint

We looked into adopting a girl like this a few years ago... Burmese father, mother died in childbirth. It was next to impossible, but another family has “unofficially” adopted her as her permanent care taker

Nick. Isn't Thailand like 100 degrees year round?

Not really.

I’m in the north where is cooler also... it looks like the Smoky Mountains sometimes.

Weather is high 80’s this week. It’s been a cool year in general. Last year we had 30 something days in a row over 103. This year, I don’t know if we touched it, and the hottest season has just passed. February-April are brutal. There were a couple of days I took a frozen towel to the gym, and just kept it on my head... no air conditioner and a warehouse type building. It gets rather warm around 2:00

If you had had the means, would you have fought it like Ali did?

Ali didn't so much fight it, he simply refused to go. VN was a poor man's war. The draft still existed, if you had pull on your local draft board or an exemption for college, a doctors excuse or were just willing to wait it out, you could get away scott free. But not the poor folks who had none of those excuses. Many volunteered, many were drafted, many, many more just refused or left the country. Less than 8% will actually ever serve, the few pull the weight for the many, pay a price only they will ever fully understand. As to your question, I was in Boot Camp 2 weeks after HS graduation. I had no intention of missing out on a real war. I'm a lot smarter now...

He’ll say whatever it takes to get people on Twitter and VolNation to talk about him.

He’s extremely biased and only cares about being Vol Nation’s “hero” or whatever.

I disagree. He got really butthurt last year, but it turns out that maybe he was right about some things. I do think he tries to build some drama, but I think he brings some solid information and he has good analysis skills when it comes to breaking down games.

That's a little petty of the parents for obviously telling the girl the reason the VOLs sucked was because of Butch Jones (Even though we know that to be true).

All the girl needed to know was we haven't beat Alabama in a long time and that with the new coaching staff we have a chance to compete in the near future.

This post is very petty.

Reactions: 4 people
No one is worse than John Pennington. Then you have heather Harrington with Tyler ivens.

We can absolutely agree on this. I thought Heather was getting a little better, but I think she just pumps Hyams for information. She does no research and speaks before she thinks and says a lot of dumb crap. Pennington is yellow journalism at its finest. He is a blithering idiot who sold his soul to get a TV show that has only one intelligent commentator and that is Sterl the Pearl.

Knoxville is really devoid of good sports talk radio.

I like Jon Reed’s show and Josh and Will are fine, but that’s about it.

Josh is ok. Will is a mediocre analyst who talks really fast and has never seen a hot take he does not like. He does do some research, or appears to, at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back