Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t see why he’d take a college job over an NFL job.
No guarantee he has a job when the Browns hire a coach. Really not thinking it’ll happen but hell it’s as good a guess as anyone’s and it’s really the only person that supports what Doug Matthews has said.

I’m starting to think that not being able to bring any assistants along or maybe the role Pruitt wants Friend to play in things is off putting for potential OCs. Either that or Pruitt’s has his eyes set on an NFL for a while now and is just killing time picking other candidates’ brains.

I actually think in my obvious expert opinion (insert sarcasm here), that Pruitt would ultimately like to promote Osovet. He wanted to buy 1-2 years for him to work under an established OC and then bring him up. Just my opinion.

Reactions: Batman1948
No guarantee he has a job when the Browns hire a coach. Really not thinking it’ll happen but hell it’s as good a guess as anyone’s and it’s really the only person that supports what Doug Matthews has said.
If we are waiting with him on knowing whether or not he will get an NFL offer, then we are worse off than I originally thought. I cant mentally accept that we are waiting on someone at this point in the game to see if they would be a candidate for us.

I actually think in my obvious expert opinion (insert sarcasm here), that Pruitt would ultimately like to promote Osovet. He wanted to buy 1-2 years for him to work under an established OC and then bring him up. Just my opinion.
I concur with that. I also think he wants to ease in Sunseri.

I think we’ll know sooner than later
out-on-a-limb.gif

Reactions: StoVol and JobuVol
I read complaints on this very board about Gillespie every year. In 5 recruiting classes that he was actively involved in, we pulled in 4 four star or above level RB’s...and Derrell Scott was a stretch. This wasn’t Bama or UGA level or even Florida level recruiting at the position...he was replaceable.

Kamara, Hurd, and Kelly are just as good if not better than any 3RBs at any school while he was here. You can say he’s replaceable which i disagree with but we have downgraded. London was bad and Banks can’t hold on to the ball so far. Those are with weinke

Reactions: BennesseeVols
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back