Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have their one or two popular teams and they're going to die on that hill every year. Because it sells.
Y'all and your conspiracy theories. You act like these ESPN employees are genius masterminds bending society to their will. The people they employ are exceptionally incompetent. This guy probably didn't think so more than 10 seconds of research, he's lazy and ignorant. That's the kind of people ESPN employs. They're morons, not clever and conniving. They flock to whomever is popular and promote them, they're not smart enough to decide who gets to be popular.

Y'all and your conspiracy theories. You act like these ESPN employees are genius masterminds bending society to their will. The people they employ are exceptionally incompetent. This guy probably didn't think so more than 10 seconds of research, he's lazy and ignorant. That's the kind of people ESPN employs. They're morons, not clever and conniving. They flock to whomever is popular and promote them, they're not smart enough to decide who gets to be popular.
When I worked in Public Radio in College, I wanted to work in Washington for them. I researched and saw that the average intern, at that time had their Masters.

Not saying people with Graduate degrees are any more or less intelligent. Saying it teaches one to research. Perhaps if integrity, ethics, and, taking one's role seriously were more prevalent we wouldnt have these issues.

I think the rub for many with ESPN is that they a) are a Disney mouth piece b) set the agenda/hold too much power in the market c) pretend to be unbiased, but, are completely biased to fit said agenda, which, is only for financial gain.

This is just my interpretation.

View attachment 521860Found another one , taking my pop for Christmas this year. Can’t believe it’s been 25 years since our last orange bowl
Good grief man, the 80's called and want their clothes back!

Completely kidding, thanks for sharing. Love those memories.

The smells, the excitement, anticipation. Sounds of hearing newspaper salespeople compete 'Journal' or 'Sentinel', complaining about the walk to section J, bc Dad was too cheap to pay for parking...

I'm confused on what someone doesn't get. If Louisville offered 1 million and A&M offers 1.5 million, do you think he stays in Louisville because they are nice people? Every part of sports in the athlete's eyes is business. The business decision for me would be to take the money as you are young enough to make any decisions you want instead of factoring kids, family etc...

When I worked in Public Radio in College, I wanted to work in Washington for them. I researched and saw that the average intern, at that time had their Masters.

Not saying people with Graduate degrees are any more or less intelligent. Saying it teaches one to research. Perhaps if integrity, ethics, and, taking one's role seriously were more prevalent we wouldnt have these issues.

I think the rub for many with ESPN is that they a) are a Disney mouth piece b) set the agenda/hold too much power in the market c) pretend to be unbiased, but, are completely biased to fit said agenda, which, is only for financial gain.

This is just my interpretation.
The average ESPN writer wouldn't be accepted into any grad school. Times have changed. I've met some of these guys, they're really not bright people. They're paid pennies,so high caliber people don't even apply. Certainly not bright enough to coordinate or even participate in a conspiracy to push narratives for or against certain programs. The era of Chris Lows is over.

NSIAP, but Morgan Wallen released the full "Tennessee Fan" song. For y'uns that didn't know, didn't care who he was, he's the hottest name in all country music and making it cool to be a Tennessee Fan.

Relatedly, Megan Moroney now has a song out called "Tennessee Orange."

Only if you're white I guess

Reactions: DeusExMachina
The average ESPN writer wouldn't be accepted into any grad school. Times have changed. I've met some of these guys, they're really not bright people. They're paid pennies,so high caliber people don't even apply. Certainly not bright enough to coordinate or even participate in a conspiracy to push narratives for or against certain programs. The era of Chris Lows is over.
So you’re saying they’re pushing a narrative for teams they like not necessarily against teams they do not like. Either way it’s unfair to our players.

Frankly, I don’t see a lot of meaningful difference between ESPN employing people who have agendas and employing people so bad at their jobs that they appear to have agendas.

Also, the article is still up, unedited with no corrections or retractions. I’m 100% certain ESPN has heard from Tennessee fans that the info in the article is wrong. It would probably take an intern about five minutes to double check the stats and edit the bad info. So why is it still up in its original form?

At a certain point, indifference and malice become indistinguishable.

I agree with you that the grunts like the person in question are just incompetent drones. Those who are on air personalities and decision makers at ESPN are agenda driven. They are the same ilk of every other newsroom at any other national outlet no matter their political color. All prominent people in big media have an agenda and seek to impress that agenda with every resource that they have. The elites on both sides are the enemy of the people whether that is national political policy or the sports world. They all are the same in their makeup. It's sad that most have given up the right and exercise of thinking for themselves to the talking heads of the world.

Good grief man, the 80's called and want their clothes back!

Completely kidding, thanks for sharing. Love those memories.

The smells, the excitement, anticipation. Sounds of hearing newspaper salespeople compete 'Journal' or 'Sentinel', complaining about the walk to section J, bc Dad was too cheap to pay for parking...
i hear ya ..pretty nice feeling my dad took me in 97 and I’ll get to take him 25 years later

NSIAP, but Morgan Wallen released the full "Tennessee Fan" song. For y'uns that didn't know, didn't care who he was, he's the hottest name in all country music and making it cool to be a Tennessee Fan.

Relatedly, Megan Moroney now has a song out called "Tennessee Orange."

Morgan Wallen basically ripped off Conner Smith's "I Hate Alabama" and "Orange & White" with that song. Glad he's promoting Tennessee...disappointed that he can't come up with an original idea.

If you follow his “Twitter link” on the ESPN website it leads you to a “Deleted Account”. So either they don’t know about this one, or they are just that bad. I’m going with just this bad.

Go read his blog, it’s uh, well, actually don’t. You’ll save some brain cells.
Read his blog?

no-bugs-bunny.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back