Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not impressed by many of the portal options myself this first window. Maybe there will be more quality over quantity in the post bowl-game window
Every coach, most especially the scumbag ones, are viewing this portal like an annual stock portfolio review...getting "rid" of the worst performers and hoping to upgrade.

The ~zero-sum part is that most other coaches are too, so the pool is just a big wash outside of the rare few that portal for an NIL deal or their last coach was a complete moron like Fuente.

Luckily there will still be a baker's dozen of great transfers...maybe not now, but by the end...and we are now a true destination...which we haven't been in 15+ years.

That's not really a "yikes" worthy post I don't think. Who was the woman? Was she really strangled? No mention of marks on her neck, etc...Not defending Beard by any means, but this post tells us almost nothing. I would have thought police would mention if there was evidence she had been in a struggle or had been strangled.

Marks wouldn't necessarily show up. More than 50% of documented strangulations left no outward mark. It's one of the hardest things to prove and that's especially true when the victim doesn't die because secondary signs like those that appear when one dies from their oxygen being cut off don't show up. As unnerving as stating the following is, it's not difficult at all for the average male to strangle a female or child to death without much effort and no sign of a struggle - marks on either victim and perpetrator just aren't that common.

https://bloomington.in.gov/sites/default/files/2017-09/Review of 300 attempted Strangulation Cases_Part I.pdf

I don't know who this coach is or anything about this particular case but strangulation is incredibly common in domestic violence and it's one of the major indicators that things can and will escalate to a point of real danger if nothing is done -- beyond more run of the mill abuse. It's also nearly impossible to prove because it most often leaves no trace.

Every coach, most especially the scumbag ones, are viewing this portal like an annual stock portfolio review...getting "rid" of the worst performers and hoping to upgrade.

The ~zero-sum part is that most other coaches are too, so the pool is just a big wash outside of the rare few that portal for an NIL deal or their last coach was a complete moron like Fuente.

Luckily there will still be a baker's dozen of great transfers...maybe not now, but by the end...and we are now a true destination...which we haven't been in 15+ years.
Yeah, that also leads me the think the second portal window in January or spring (can’t remember maybe there’s one in both?) will be less quantity and more quality. That’s the window we got Bru & Mincey in last season I believe

That means we have back ups that are probably ready step into those positions…. That is really not losing that many guys.
We had nobody in the secondary this year. The worst passing defense in the country. What are we doing about that? We need to add difference makers in the secondary

We had nobody in the secondary this year. The worst passing defense in the country. What are we doing about that? We need to add difference makers in the secondary
We were not the worse…. North Carolina was much worse and plenty of vol fans are wanting to add their secondary members to our roster…. We have very talented freshman coming in…. Should hopefully be healthy this year…. We desperately need one number one corner…. If he is out there…. That would be great.

Would be really nice if we could secure a transfer that can compete for an starting spot and have one of the EE freshmen catch up fast enough to earn the opposite side.

I just can’t stand it anymore to see Hadden get burnt and then dragged 15 yards because he wants to strip the ball rather than tackle over and over again

My family could use some prayers for peace and comfort. My wife's grandmother is 96 and has been in a nursing home for several months now. They just verified today that she has been having a series of strokes and at least one more serious stroke. They have started her on Morphin, so not sure how much longer she has. This is my wife's last remaining grandparent and it is hitting her pretty hard.
Very sorry to hear this. Prayers for comfort, peace and wisdom.

My family could use some prayers for peace and comfort. My wife's grandmother is 96 and has been in a nursing home for several months now. They just verified today that she has been having a series of strokes and at least one more serious stroke. They have started her on Morphin, so not sure how much longer she has. This is my wife's last remaining grandparent and it is hitting her pretty hard.
Morphine? I work in healthcare and know what that means. I am so sorry. Losing a grandparent is awful. They usually are the bridge to knowing our families foundation. Prayers to your wife, you and her family. This has truly been a horrible day. I am so sorry for what your family is going through 😞. I don’t have much, but my knees bending down tonight will include your family.

96? Man, you’re wife is a blessed lady

She lost her grandfather earlier this year at 96 as well. It can be difficult to see the blessing of that when you are in the hurt. She knows it, but losing her last two grandparents so close together is tough. Just trying to be supportive, because I know my last two grandparents are moving closer to their eternity as well. My PaPa is almost 93 and my Na is 90. We can't keep our family forever, and I would not want to. It doesn't make it any less painful when they are called home but it is a comfort to know that they will have their peace and be made new.

If the current recruits are all we add, does anyone really believe our secondary takes a step forward next year? I'm just curious what the thought is? We spent almost the entire season talking about how talent deficient the secondary is, how Banks and Martinez were forced to work with what they had. That being the case, can we really expect significantly better if it's the same guys returning plus some freshmen?

I'm just curious on others' thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back