Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hooker missed on plenty of deep shots,many of them to Keyton. If Milton misses the same amount Hooker did people will make a bigger story out of it, because of the running narrative, "OTJ", etc. I think he's gonna be fine. If he can just play average, Heupel will have him posting big numbers, imo.
I've thought it better to decline to explain it for dumdums, for reasons you allude to, but it is extremely irritating and counterproductive that people are still lip-syncing that idiotic anti-Milton "hot take."

Last edited:
Hooker missed on plenty of deep shots,many of them to Keyton. If Milton misses the same amount Hooker did people will make a bigger story out of it, because of the running narrative, "OTJ", etc. I think he's gonna be fine. If he can just play average, Heupel will have him posting big numbers, imo.
I don't disagree, but my original point was simply that he played better in the Orange Bowl because the coaches didn't have him throwing deep early and it seemed to settle him into the game. I think his overthrows were from trying to hit big plays while his nerves were still dialed up early in games and then he starts to press. We've all seen a relaxed Joe come in late in games and throw absolute dimes and we got to see that same play in the Orange Bowl. The first person I responded to was arguing that bowl prep lasting weeks helped Joe compared to shorter prep for a regular game and I don't think that's the case at all. Settle him into the game and then he's great. Just my take from what I've seen from him.

I don't disagree, but my original point was simply that he played better in the Orange Bowl because the coaches didn't have him throwing deep early and it seemed to settle him into the game. I think his overthrows were from trying to hit big plays while his nerves were still dialed up early in games and then he starts to press. We've all seen a relaxed Joe come in late in games and throw absolute dimes and we got to see that same play in the Orange Bowl. The first person I responded to was arguing that bowl prep lasting weeks helped Joe compared to shorter prep for a regular game and I don't think that's the case at all. Settle him into the game and then he's great. Just my take from what I've seen from him.
Like this explanation and from an adrenaline standpoint, it adds up.

I've thought it better to decline to explain it for dumdums, for reasons you allude to, but it is extremely irritating and counterproductive that people are still lip-syncing that idiotic "hot take."
If you think I'm one of those "dumdums" (since he was responding to me), then maybe see the responses I've had and get the full context of what I'm saying. I just think Joe has some nerves going early in games (he's said as much) and that's where the overthrows come from. Once he's settled in to the game, he throws dimes.

At 205 that time is amazing. A lot of the camps are laser timed now rather than hand timed so if attended those you could probably find... wait I found an article that says this:

So yeah, his times are legit. As he has added weight he might be a tad slower now than then or he could be faster if he's been speed training but he is def. a speedster. Having both him and Squirrel on the field is going to be a nightmare even for Georgia and Muschamp's hold and hold some more DBs.

https://www.si.com/college/maryland/inside-black-gold/donte-thornton-recruitment
Two fast ones plus Bru and RK!

If you think I'm one of those "dumdums" (since he was responding to me), then maybe see the responses I've had and get the full context of what I'm saying. I just think Joe has some nerves going early in games (he's said as much) and that's where the overthrows come from. Once he's settled in to the game, he throws dimes.
No, I didn't pay any attention who he was responding to. I'm too tired of it. We're good.

Last edited:
Are you just overthinking it and Joe has improved…. Espn does a rating for each game a qb plays in its game log….. Milton had a higher rating than Hendons final rating in every game he played except for the bad weather Vandy game…. Most of our offense is based off what the defense is giving us before the ball is snapped.

Wait. Woah. Is that a cover song too?

I just learned last week Tom Joad was a Springsteen song originally.

Edit: TiL Renegades was a 100% cover album. Mind blown.

"The album consists of covers of songs by Bruce Springsteen, Bob Dylan, Afrika Bambaataa, Minor Threat, Eric B. & Rakim, The Stooges, MC5, The Rolling Stones, Cypress Hill, Devo, and others."
Imagine when I found out Manfred Man Band's "Blinded by the Light" was a Springstein cover... I've heard Bruce was none too pleased that he didn't chart with it, but a singer with a speech impediment, inserting references to feminine hygiene, did.

Imagine when I found out Manfred Man Band's "Blinded by the Light" was a Springstein cover... I've heard Bruce was none too pleased that he didn't chart with it, but a singer with a speech impediment, inserting references to feminine hygiene, did.

Did you find that out as a result of the posts in that thread about a week ago? I was the one that posted that those weren't the original lyrics.

When I was an intern in Memphis, my resident got dumped by his girlfriend. He was so depressed that we had to resort to desperate measures to snap him out of it. A group of interns took him to that club.
One dancer caught his eye. She was very well endowed. I called her over for him. He looked like an Egyptian version of Leonard from The Big Band theory. She pulled his head in so close (glasses and all) that it quite literally disappeared. When she was done with her performance, he was literally a new man. Internship was a tough time. I laughed so hard that I really did cry into my beer. Tears of joy doesn’t maKe the beer too salty. 😂

With our mission completed, We left right after that and went to a regular bar/dance club. He was over his sadness about being dumped (by someone who was using him anyway). 😎
That's a cool story but pretty tame for that club :cool::cool::cool:

Are you just overthinking it and Joe has improved…. Espn does a rating for each game a qb plays in its game log….. Milton had a higher rating than Hendons final rating in every game he played except for the bad weather Vandy game…. Most of our offense is based off what the defense is giving us before the ball is snapped.
I don't believe I'm overthinking it...and I also believe Joe has improved. It can be true that he's improved and he's also a little nervous and amped up at the beginning of games (thus affecting his control on the deep throws). We have to remember that he doesn't have a lot of experience as a starting QB. I do think nerves would be less of an issue as he gets more experience as a starter. These are just my takes from what I've seen of his play and from his own comments about being a bit nervous early in games.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back