Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clemson crybabies back at it:

Some of them are still having trouble understanding the NIL era:

I think it's starting to dawn on this guy that they enjoyed our down years and now they have to deal with an active Tennessee Football program again:

Some real nuanced thoughts in this fanbase:

This guy is putting a lot of stock in the fact that we have never played UTSA before this season. Beating UTSA, a team we've never beat before, sure would be a tall task:

I'm genuinely flabbergasted that this fanbase thinks they run the cleanest program in the history of college football. I see a lot of their fans talk like this and it's the most disconnected from reality stuff I've ever seen from a contending fanbase:

Delayed double nut tap ftw

Got some real detectives over there
Hey Clempson,402F866C-BB59-4DE8-BC22-7857317A0F98.gif

I hate calling this so far in advance because of what’s happened the last few weeks with last minute changes and people seem to get their pantries in a bunch when things change but this screams all Vol to me at the moment

Yup. In regards to the OT recruiting, is does need to be better. Hopefully they figure it out, because I think we have a great coach that can coach them up.

Late last year my wife lost feeling in her hands, feet, and other areas, and was becoming ataxic. After months of doctor tricks we finally got the diagnosis...severe stenosis of the cervical spine. Called for immediate surgery that could leave her completely blind (told her that on the operating table) and quadriplegic. Surgery had some complications and post op her condition was considerably worse. By day 3 or so I was afraid we were going to lose her, story for another time. It was...hard. After 38 years I don't even know how to live without her by my side...

...but then the tide turned. We got her stable and she was able to go home after a couple more days...

...and then began the hard work of finding the new normal. I became the "woman of the house". Did things I'd never done. Helped her bathe. Dress. Go to the bathroom. Dyed her hair. I did my work. And her work. And took care of her. I was overwhelmed, but in time things got easier and became more routine.

After 4 weeks she finally started improving. Moved from a walker to a cane. Didn't need me quite so close. Approaching 6 weeks now she doesn't really need the cane too much, but balance is still a bit dodgy. She's almost back to where she was the day of surgery. I still help her bathe and I'll be up for the next dye job too. No worries, I'm an expert now.

I say all that to say that from sitting alone in a restaurant staring at a plate of food I couldn't eat and contemplating what life would be like without my partner of 38 years, I found a path to a new normal and God gave us the strength to walk it. And it's ok. Things I never thought I would do have become precious memories that I would hate to have missed. We adapt and grow and the new normal does actually become normal.

I wish she didn't have to face it. She's had way more than her fair share. Third spinal op. Heart valve replacement. Several other ops. It isn't fair, but it's our normal. And again, it's fine. We grow.

And you will be fine too. Peace brother.
🧡

I think it's starting to dawn on this guy that they enjoyed our down years and now they have to deal with an active Tennessee Football program again:

This guy is putting a lot of stock in the fact that we have never played UTSA before this season. Beating UTSA, a team we've never beat before, sure would be a tall task:

I'm genuinely flabbergasted that this fanbase thinks they run the cleanest program in the history of college football. I see a lot of their fans talk like this and it's the most disconnected from reality stuff I've ever seen from a contending fanbase:

Clemson is cracking me up because they are trying to equate NIL with cheating (it isnt) and acting like because we are good at it, that we are dirty. Their reluctance to change with the times and embrace the modern system is going to find them left behind.

I gotta be honest. I'd shank a man, probably more than one, to land some guys like Aydin Breland, Brandon Baker, and Williams Nwaneri. I know, it's not gonna happen this year, but I look forward to a future where we are landing guys like that.

Talk about a fanbase high on thier own farts, with holier than thou megachurch vibes. Also funny barely any mention of a game we played literally 7 months ago possibly being a factor....as if Mike didnt pull up the game between his top 2 choices and watch a few times

I know we definitely tried.

Don't need to come for all the right reasons.. at the end of the day even if hundreds of thousands of dollars of more money is a ton, most of these kids are focused on best path to the league and don't prioritize only NIL - just getting something fair and then moving on. Alabama, Ohio St and Alabama offer far less than almost every over school and still are top 5 class year in and year out
Do you know if there are other OTs on the staff's radar in this class?

Okay, I am extremely anxious and concerned by the fact that it’s Monday. The current posts are from only Saturday.

Did the apocalypse happen and I don’t know about it yet? Is everyone okay? Is all of VN now zombified and no longer have the dexterity to post? Strangely, I realize that the transition to zombie may not significantly affect the overall quality of some posters input. 😳

I’m terrified to jump ahead and find no one of y’all have survived…

Well crap 🙄

So looking back, I posted this while outside grilling chicken in the Texas heat. Heat exhaustion is real. 😂

Still though, hope that y’all have survived the apocalypse!

Clemson is cracking me up because they are trying to equate NIL with cheating (it isnt) and acting like because we are good at it, that we are dirty. Their reluctance to change with the times and embrace the modern system is going to find them left behind.

These Clemson fans complaining about NIL as they sit in an irrelevant conference sound like a conference of Blockbuster Video store owners talking circa 2009.

Someone should ask them how much they paid for Sammy Brown and Bryant Wesco just for kicks. Funny that they think they landed two 5*'s without some kind of NIL involved.

Agree completely. Clemson became a top tier program because we shizzed in our nest with bad coaching hires for so long. They picked off a lot of guys we would normally get who then got to play in the weak ACC. By the time bowl/playoff season rolled around they were locked and loaded.

That gravy train is over.

Late last year my wife lost feeling in her hands, feet, and other areas, and was becoming ataxic. After months of doctor tricks we finally got the diagnosis...severe stenosis of the cervical spine. Called for immediate surgery that could leave her completely blind (told her that on the operating table) and quadriplegic. Surgery had some complications and post op her condition was considerably worse. By day 3 or so I was afraid we were going to lose her, story for another time. It was...hard. After 38 years I don't even know how to live without her by my side...

...but then the tide turned. We got her stable and she was able to go home after a couple more days...

...and then began the hard work of finding the new normal. I became the "woman of the house". Did things I'd never done. Helped her bathe. Dress. Go to the bathroom. Dyed her hair. I did my work. And her work. And took care of her. I was overwhelmed, but in time things got easier and became more routine.

After 4 weeks she finally started improving. Moved from a walker to a cane. Didn't need me quite so close. Approaching 6 weeks now she doesn't really need the cane too much, but balance is still a bit dodgy. She's almost back to where she was the day of surgery. I still help her bathe and I'll be up for the next dye job too. No worries, I'm an expert now.

I say all that to say that from sitting alone in a restaurant staring at a plate of food I couldn't eat and contemplating what life would be like without my partner of 38 years, I found a path to a new normal and God gave us the strength to walk it. And it's ok. Things I never thought I would do have become precious memories that I would hate to have missed. We adapt and grow and the new normal does actually become normal.

I wish she didn't have to face it. She's had way more than her fair share. Third spinal op. Heart valve replacement. Several other ops. It isn't fair, but it's our normal. And again, it's fine. We grow.

And you will be fine too. Peace brother.
Love this! Been there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back