Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Notes:

They all agreed that UGA coming to Tennessee is very dangerous for them. Are anticipating an insane atmosphere.

Danny:
Over 9 wins. Is there a player under more pressure than Joe Milton? Trusts Heupel and the system. Banking that the defense will not get worse, will improve just a bit and allow for some margin of error for offense in case there is a dip. Florida tricky game. A&M tough game. There is value in Milton having watched Hooker. If I just execute it like that we cna

Guest Picker: 10-2 looking good. Lots of tough games at home. A&M tough but it's at home, Vols will be ready for SCar. Bama game tough. UGA coin-flip. Have to see Joe Milton and how he looks, expecting him to be better. Offense is pretty good, only time they stubbed their toe was UGA. It's a really good offense, but Hooker was accurate. If you're an accurate QB in this system you'll win a ton of games. Can Milton come close?

Chip:
There is a path where Tennessee is 12-0. There's also a path where they are 7-5. A lot of toss-up games. At Bama or against UGA they are underdog. I keep coming to 9-3, but give me the under. 10-2 will be difficult, 9-3 is push, 8-4 more likely.

Bud:
I'm right there on 9 wins. There is so much to like. Apparently Thornton is just like Hyatt. John Campbell is playing exceptionally well for them on the line. Most of the dudes that left Tennessee's roster when Pruitt left were D guys. Now they have finally rebuilt that depth on defense. Milton has sky high upside. The under is juiced to pay more so I'll take under. Milton could be Cam Newton and Vince Young combined. But they could lose some coin flip games -- Mizzou, Kentucky, A&M, even Florida. I don't have much conviction in the under. Hooker was a damn good college QB, so we need to adjust.

Kentucky at 7. They think 7-5 is most realistic but a possibility to 8 wins.

Missouri they're thinking 6-6 or worse. Not encouraged by what they've heard/seen at QB. Bowl eligibility could depend on Florida coming to town in late Nov to play cold football.

South Carolina they're thinking it's a reset year, the bottom falls out. 6-6 or worse. Laughing about their new OC. Should make a bowl but right at 6-6. They think it's an unavoidable down year.

Florida:

Bud: The guys in Vegas KNOW they landed Mertz and STILL have them at 5.5 wins. Maybe they can go 6-6 or 7-5. They can play bully ball with lesser teams. They aren't 8-4 or better, but they can get the best of lesser opponents.

Last edited:
Easy now, if we’ve learned anything from VN 🙄. We don’t get too confident. You okay after today buddy? Remember, I offered to drive you. I have a 2017 small compact and still would have stopped at all the truck stop bathroom so you could do a hello to TFG. When stuff slows down for me. Lunch sounds good. I get to pick the place buddy.
I'm very humble about my greatness.

Feeling better today than yesterday. Sure I'll feel better tomorrow than I have today.

How do you figure that? They both played in the same era and Babe put up better stats…. He was also a pitcher and considered a good outfielder…… finished top 5 in assists 7 times.
Thurman Munson played in the same era as Carlton Fisk. And Carlton Fisk finished with better stats. Who was the better ball player?

The pitching is obviously a jewel in Ruth’s crown. But Ruth had stopped pitching by the time he ascended. I’m comparing them as position players for the Yankees.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Thurman Munson played in the same era as Carlton Fisk. And Carlton Fisk finished with better stats. Who was the better ball player?

The pitching is obviously a jewel in Ruth’s crown. But Ruth had stopped pitching by the time he ascended. I’m comparing them as position players for the Yankees.
Maybe overall bc he played until he was 90 and Munson died in a plane crash…. Munson had the higher batting average, OBP, as many 100 RBI seasons…. They were fairly similar hitters but Munson was a much better defender. Ruth beat Gehrig in almost every statistical category…. Still holds the all time slugging, ops and ops+% of all-time…. He was also considered an above average outfielder at a more demanding position than first base.

Maybe overall bc he played until he was 90 and Munson died in a plane crash…. Munson had the higher batting average, OBP, as many 100 RBI seasons…. They were fairly similar hitters but Munson was a much better defender. Ruth beat Gehrig in almost every statistical category…. Still holds the all time slugging, ops and ops+% of all-time…. He was also considered an above average outfielder at a more demanding position than first base.
Yea I think most would consider Munson the better player. As do I.

Munson didn’t finish were he would have statistically because he was cut down early. So was Gehrig.

Highly educated speculation based on evidence (his breakdowns before Signing Day). 😏 And Braves fans know he wanted to fire errybody erryday even after they won the World Series. Good guy…bordering on great. Body chemistry conspired against him from time to time.
Looking at the likes…there’s a stirring in the Force. 👀

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back