Recruiting Forum Football Talk XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Monday will be big to see if P Williams and Bussey flip after their visits or remain solid/loyal to the Vols... we need both very badly, so hopefully Butch will calm their nerves... I am more worried about Williams as he was stated as being "nervous" about the OC hire and that is why he took the Auburn vi$it... hope it doesn't turn out like the Texas commit who flipped Monday after vi$$iting AU and then instagraming a huge wad of cash and then deleting it....Hiring DeBord for OC will not help the situation.

Preston ain't flipping to Auburn. He left visit early. It wasn't a good fit is the term being used by Auburn which means he was probably there for fun with no interest in flipping

Monday will be big to see if P Williams and Bussey flip after their visits or remain solid/loyal to the Vols... we need both very badly, so hopefully Butch will calm their nerves... I am more worried about Williams as he was stated as being "nervous" about the OC hire and that is why he took the Auburn vi$it... hope it doesn't turn out like the Texas commit who flipped Monday after vi$$iting AU and then instagraming a huge wad of cash and then deleting it....Hiring DeBord for OC will not help the situation.

Williams is not flipping. Check his thread

Preston isn't one to worry about. not sure on Bussey.

I know this has been mentioned here and other places already but this is from a poster on VQ.

Seems like a fine scenario...

"What I'm hearing about the OC....

Maybe this will calm the natives on here a little bit. If the plan moves forward that I heard about, then Azzani will move into the roll of OC, with the kid Sheridan taking over as QB coach. That would be nine coaches on staff--all we are allowed. Dubord will take over as offensive quality control guy--sorta an oversight guy to help Azzani move into this new position. With Dubords background and experience, he could pitch in with several positions that way. Azzani will still take care of receivers I guess, I was a little fuzzy on that."

This would be nice, if it were true.

I know this has been mentioned here and other places already but this is from a poster on VQ.

Maybe this will calm the natives on here a little bit. If the plan moves forward that I heard about, then Azzani will move into the roll of OC, with the kid Sheridan taking over as QB coach. That would be nine coaches on staff--all we are allowed. Dubord will take over as offensive quality control guy--sorta an oversight guy to help Azzani move into this new position. With Dubords background and experience, he could pitch in with several positions that way. Azzani will still take care of receivers I guess, I was a little fuzzy on that."

I could get behind this scenario 100%. Hopefully this is what the plan is. :good!:

Keeps the continuity the same, which is what Butch wants. I think Butch and Azzani would split calling plays. Maybe DeBord can just help Mahoney, which he needs. Pretty good for the GA to be promoted. But this season on offense will make a huge impact on recruiting if it takes off. If not, then there's trouble. So if this is the way it shakes out, then I'm down with rolling the dice this way.

Reactions: 1 person
Williams is not flipping. Check his thread

He may not be flippin but apparently he trippin! :p

I bet it went down like this:

Barndweller: "Here's a bunch of money if you flip to Auburn."

PW: "Man get that mess out of here. I'm all Vol!"

(Barndweller throws his bag of weed at PW, who naturally catches it cause he catches everything thrown his way.)

Barndweller: "Hey you have weed! Your OV is over. Please leave........ Hey can I have my weed back please."

Reactions: 3 people
Hope this one starts out better than the other one ended.
The post by Ron sounds good (if that's what happens) and will possibly make some on VN feel better. There will be a few that will not feel better until we bring Fulmer back or until we get Gruden. That's just the way it is on VN.
Everyone have a bright and beautiful day!

He may not be flippin but apparently he trippin! :p

I bet it went down like this:

Barndweller: "Here's a bunch of money if you flip to Auburn."

PW: "Man get that mess out of here. I'm all Vol!"

(Barndweller throws his bag of weed at PW, who naturally catches it cause he catches everything thrown his way.)

Barndweller: "Hey you have weed! Your OV is over. Please leave........ Hey can I have my weed back please."

Have you got the video of this glich?

Glad to see sanity has been restored.

I'm letting it go. I've said what I wanted to say, and now, until there is news, I'm done.

You see, sometimes, your point can be made, and then you can just move on to another area of discussion, rather than going on for months on end... not that any posters on here would ever have that issue. :)

So Dooley wasn't available?

Oh no

abd-145.gif

Reactions: 4 people
Have you got the video of this glich?

Unfortunatley the initial exchange was not caught on camera but we did get some footage of the barndweller just after PW had left to return home. Here it is for your viewing pleasure:

gear1.gif

Boom if so! Makes too much damn sense.

Reactions: 2 people

This still doesn't calm me. I do like that Azzani might stick though. I just don't get hiring someone to "babysit" a new OC. If he's not ready then we need to find someone else. UT isn't the place for something like this.

Boom if so! Makes too much damn sense.

This would make a lot of sense. I think Debord could definitely help improve our offense (mostly the OL, maybe even TEs, though Elder's already a solid coach) in that role and hopefully Azzani would be able to keep the current system in place and bring some youthful aggression to the play calling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back