Recruiting Forum Football Talk XXXVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poster on VQ posted a couple screenshots, looks like a handful of our '18 commits (Lyn J, Gerald, Lawless, Harris, Martinez, etc) just started following Bob Stoops on twitter or he started following them? Not sure how it works on the twitter. It's happening...

Talk about Title IX issues...

Poster on VQ posted a couple screenshots, looks like a handful of our '18 commits (Lyn J, Gerald, Lawless, Harris, Martinez, etc) just started following Bob Stoops on twitter or he started following them? Not sure how it works on the twitter. It's happening...

Would be awesome hire. But obviously it's just all fun and games right now.

Still would worry about Mullen and the NCAA.

MacIntyre has a Title IX mess going on...miss that? Keep seeing Gundy's name tossed around like it's even a remote possibility. He played us for a bigger contract BEFORE he won the piss measuring contest with T Boone...he ain't leaving his alma mater. :)

If we hire Bob Stoops I'll have to sit on my hands to stop clapping.

InVol do you think the boosters would make a go after a big name again if it is true about the Gruden interest last time? Because if not now, then when? I read so many times that the boosters had it almost done and Hart didn't allow it- he wanted to control the search and get his guy. So there was truth to that?

That's exactly what happened, at least that's what I was told. Hart wanted the boosters money but limited their influence. Currie may be different, at least I hope so. If the relationship between the boosters and Currie is good and they work together, anything is possible.

Let's look at the positives: Oline looked solid/good, RB's are legit and there may not be a drop off at all there. TE's are pretty good, Ethan Wolf broke a Witten record yesterday. Defense as a whole looked improved. There's still a lot of football to play

We did seem to wear them out somewhat, which is a nice change... When we tied the game towards the end I thought, let's get to overtime and we will win it.

One strange thing though is our snap. Defenses have been timing us well with blitzes and general stunts off the snap. Oddly enough, the John Kelly long run TD towards the end happened because Florida over penetrated with a rush/stunt that opened up a lane.

I will say that I think Coach Scott calls a pretty good game... well besides the 6 inch debacle. :)

Currie is a sly fox...he convinced Stoops to "retire" before this season, because he knew he would be replacing Butch mid-season. I'm guessing the MOU is already signed with Stoops...just a matter of time.

Reactions: 1 person
InVol do you think the boosters would make a go after a big name again if it is true about the Gruden interest last time? Because if not now, then when? I read so many times that the boosters had it almost done and Hart didn't allow it- he wanted to control the search and get his guy. So there was truth to that?

How would he know ma'am? And why do you pretend that your questions are sincere, Arthur? :)

MacIntyre has a Title IX mess going on...miss that? Keep seeing Gundy's name tossed around like it's even a remote possibility. He played us for a bigger contract BEFORE he won the piss measuring contest with T Boone...he ain't leaving his alma mater. :)

I've not seen any names I'd be thrilled with. Guess my cynicism has went full bore.

How did they have cold feet?

I also recall some talk that Gruden wanted assurances of having a little more power than a normal college coach. Some responses were that Hart didn't want to give it and wanted his guy. Some were that it was not realistic.

Mullen wouldn't come here anyways lol. He has it made at MSU. He could go 7-5 every year and he would never be fired

I was thinking the same thing about Cutcliffe. Most every coach who is aware of him in the country agrees he is one of the best but he has it made at Duke.

We did seem to wear them out somewhat, which is a nice change... When we tied the game towards the end I thought, let's get to overtime and we will win it.

One strange thing though is our snap. Defenses have been timing us well with blitzes and general stunts off the snap. Oddly enough, the John Kelly long run TD towards the end happened because Florida over penetrated with a rush/stunt that opened up a lane.

I will say that I think Coach Scott calls a pretty good game... well besides the 6 inch debacle. :)

I would change a few things about the play calling yesterday. Give Kelly ball more early. Run at the 1. Run at the end of the game. We do those things, we win by double digits. I wanna see JG, maybe we do next week but I doubt it

How would he know ma'am? And why do you pretend that your questions are sincere, Arthur? :)

Lol. My contacts at the time we're on the booster side. While I still have those relationships, Currie has not been here long enough to solidify many of those relationships. Hopefully over time those relationships will evolve and I will get more info.

So you're saying we legit had a chance at getting Gruden and they held back because of our financial situation?

That and what Vol4us posted. I do believe the Gruden deal was close. The boosters were working behind the scenes and I don't think Hart liked that either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back