Recruiting forum off topic thread (no politics, covid, or hot button issues)

NPA was somehow tied into Pruitt staff. It has been implied that they were giving NIL money before it was legal. Once Pruitt left, I would guess that we tried to separate ourselves from anything shady and somehow pissed them off. The NIL somehow makes their business now legit. Some of these type businesses really help the kids train, get noticed and then into a great school. I would assume their business model is to convince/control as many kids as they can and then promote them to colleges for a fee percentage of what they can get for the kid. I do not believe they are licences agents and there are no real contracts. I would think that most coaches would be happy to not have to deal with them. Problem is that if they can tieup/ control a number of kids, they can control the market. If you piss them off, they can direct kids away from your team.

NPA was somehow tied into Pruitt staff. It has been implied that they were giving NIL money before it was legal. Once Pruitt left, I would guess that we tried to separate ourselves from anything shady and somehow pissed them off. The NIL somehow makes their business now legit. Some of these type businesses really help the kids train, get noticed and then into a great school. I would assume their business model is to convince/control as many kids as they can and then promote them to colleges for a fee percentage of what they can get for the kid. I do not believe they are licences agents and there are no real contracts. I would think that most coaches would be happy to not have to deal with them. Problem is that if they can tieup/ control a number of kids, they can control the market. If you piss them off, they can direct kids away from your team.
Need an investigation here. Especially if UT is going to get nailed for dealing with these people. If not the federal justice department, then maybe the state attorney general. Plowman needs to expose the process to show that what UT was doing is not exceptional in the SEC, or college athletics. There should not be an investigation for one school when this is standard operating procedures among all southern schools.

Reactions: beachvol23
He claims that he does have influence with recruits.... and he doesn't have to be a jackazz about everything. I seldom say anything to him or about him. He claims to be a UT fan but appears to steer good players away from UT.

Someone suggested that he really liked Pruitt. Maybe he was on the take too and is hacked off about losing his bonus cash? I really don't know. But he consistently comes off as someone with a vendetta against UT. People are questioning why other programs do better winning their best talent. If you have guys undermining your instate efforts as this guy appears to be doing... it doesn't help.

To your point - two of the three best players Ky signed were from Nashville. We could have certainly used those guys - I feel like D1 probably does have some influence - certainly not to the degree that he implies.

We need to try to win D1 over because I honestly think it is in Nashville kids' best interest to go to Tenn vs. say Kentucky or Indiana. If you play at UT, in this state you are building a recognizable brand that could pay off after you graduate. It really is a win -win.

We don't need influence peddlers or agents selling or pushing athletes to the highest bidder. I do think he may be trying to help and guide kids - At least hopefully that is the case.

Well first of all, let me take back the @Involutary part....that was simply an afternoon funny and he has nothing to do with NPA.

NPA(National Playmakers Academy) is an organization out of Murfreesboro. As for "steering kids away from Tennessee"....I would suggest you read more of the these threads or search this forum for user @de1conley ....I'm sure you can then form your own opinion about steering. I personally neither believe nor disbelieve they do.... I'm nuetral at this time on whether they are good for UT or not....time will tell for me !

(1) NatlPlaymkersAcademy (@NatlPlaymkrsAca) / Twitter

The first wrong was out of Murfreesboro lol, but I guess if you throw enough rocks one will hit the water, we are based out of Nashville started in Nashville. 2. We have never steered a soul from UT but that is a narrative by fans who refuse to accept what UT has been over the past 10 years. We have players all around the country from USCw to UGA, Bama, LSU, TCU, Kentucky, Fla, etc but UT has the most with ease (7)but fans feel entitled and think every NPA kid should want to go to UT. We do have a facility in Murfreesboro as well as Hendersonville.

Ignore
Why do people constantly ask for a poster on the board to go away just to turn around and clamor for them to come back in order to insult them. Only to turn around again and be outraged demanding for said poster to go away or be banned? Pick a damn side of the fence and stick to it.
Ignore button would have solved this issue years ago

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
Ignore

Ignore button would have solved this issue years ago
I don't ignore him because he is knowledgeable. I dealt with it first hand traveling all over the US playing AAU baseball at the highest levels. We got paid then. East Cobb Astros, Yankees paid kids. Midland Redskins paid for kids. Is the dude training kids because he loves teaching kids? Yes. Is he also being paid? Absolutely. Does he have connections to universities and do they use him of course... does NPA operate in the Gray area? I would absolutely bet my life on it but he isn't going to be dumb enough to implicate himself or NPA. East Cobb wasn't funneling players to Georgia for baseball and the Diamond Devils didn't funnel kids to SCAR. They genuinely helped kids including myself get to High level D1 universities. Taking money is a by product and that isn't going to change. Hell it's been going on for years in AAU basketball. Anyways, end of explanation continue to flame him.

To your point - two of the three best players Ky signed were from Nashville. We could have certainly used those guys - I feel like D1 probably does have some influence - certainly not to the degree that he implies.
Unfortunately I don't think the Wade brothers were a possibility without Heupel agreeing to give Destin a shot at QB... and apparently Heupel wasn't willing to mislead him. That is unfortunate but I would rather have Heupel tell kids the truth than mislead them. I'm not even saying Stoops deceived him... maybe he will give him a legit shot at QB... but he doesn't have the talent to play there at UT. Not sure about the deal with the other kid. I can't remember UT being in it with him ever.

We need to try to win D1 over because I honestly think it is in Nashville kids' best interest to go to Tenn vs. say Kentucky or Indiana.
Honestly, I don't think so. Being tight with people like that might be what gets you caught handing out goodies in McD's bags. He not only appears to push players away from UT... he seems kind of slimy too.

The first thing is that UT has to keep improving and winning more games. Second thing the message and talk from and around the program has to continue to be that the coaches coach guys up and have high integrity. The positive culture reputation has to be set in stone. Then UT has to recruit around these "influencers" and through HS coaches as much as possible. If the main voice a recruit listens to is D1 and NPA... then it might just be best to move on. But most kids have a lot of influences. If you want to have a positive program then you work through the positive influences.

If you play at UT, in this state you are building a recognizable brand that could pay off after you graduate. It really is a win -win.
Agree. Tennessee and well beyond. ATL, all across Florida, Charlotte,... It is a good network.

We don't need influence peddlers or agents selling or pushing athletes to the highest bidder. I do think he may be trying to help and guide kids - At least hopefully that is the case.
Unless he is a completely different person away from here than he is while posting here... I wouldn't count on it.

All of this! It’s way too easy to connect the dots. It astounds me that Buck is the head of this, being a former Vol, and astounds me even more as to why in the world you would push kids to Kentucky and TCU! All the schools out there that would make sense, and you are pushing kids to UK and TCU. Maybe those are the only schools willing to play ball the way they want to do it.
Who’s that former Vol called Buck??? Before someone try’s to be a comedian. No I haven’t been under NO rock lol

The first wrong was out of Murfreesboro lol, but I guess if you throw enough rocks one will hit the water
Not sure what that means.....I'd also be careful as you chunk them rocks, might hit a nuetral party that has no problem changing to the majority !

Again @orangslice13 who cares what you believe or what the hell Travis posted. That has nothing to do with ME. Like I said do ya research I've broken plenty of stories and info in my time here. I'm plenty connected due to the company I co-found and work with that is the top training group in TN and Texas with connections everywhere due to other groups wanting to be what we are. It's why we had a camp circuit with Mike Vick in 10 different states and so on. Catch up or get left behind dowsnt matter to me either way my friend.
When you say training group, we talking sports training or something else? I’m a coach and you’ve piqued my curiosity.

The first wrong was out of Murfreesboro lol, but I guess if you throw enough rocks one will hit the water, we are based out of Nashville started in Nashville. 2. We have never steered a soul from UT but that is a narrative by fans who refuse to accept what UT has been over the past 10 years. We have players all around the country from USCw to UGA, Bama, LSU, TCU, Kentucky, Fla, etc but UT has the most with ease (7)but fans feel entitled and think every NPA kid should want to go to UT. We do have a facility in Murfreesboro as well as Hendersonville.

I believe you. But it's time for you to start doing your part and steering kids away from other SEC schools.

VN Store

Back