Recruiting forum off topic thread (no politics, covid, or hot button issues)

Back Away GIF - The Simpsons Homer Slowly - Discover & Share GIFs
You'll have to talk to @hog88 . He's the one with all the dirt on @McDad .

You'll have to talk to @hog88 . He's the one with all the dirt on @McDad .

(....and that is when I found myself in a conversation that I was thoroughly and completely frightened of but I wasn't sure how to escape. So I just changed the subject and hoped that it would be enough....)

So LeBron is clearly better than MJ in every conceivable way. Hands down with zero debate needed.

Reactions: McDad
(....and that is when I found myself in a conversation that I was thoroughly and completely frightened of but I wasn't sure how to escape. So I just changed the subject and hoped that it would be enough....)

So LeBron is clearly better than MJ in every conceivable way. Hands down with zero debate needed.
I used to like you, but spreading lies that LeBron is better than MJ is unforgiveable. Jordan = GOAT. LeBron isn't even in my top 5.

Reactions: swchandler1988
I used to like you, but spreading lies that LeBron is better than MJ is unforgiveable. Jordan = GOAT. LeBron isn't even in my top 5.
You're more pissy than usual today. The holidays reminding you that your life devoid of real human connection?

Reactions: Weezer
@VolNRaleighNC

We're going to Raleigh soon for our 22nd wedding anniversary. My wife made reservations at the Angus Barn and I think we're going to a hockey game. Anything else you recommend seeing in Raleigh or the surrounding area?

*NB4 Applebee's

@VolNRaleighNC

We're going to Raleigh soon for our 22nd wedding anniversary. My wife made reservations at the Angus Barn and I think we're going to a hockey game. Anything else you recommend seeing in Raleigh or the surrounding area?

*NB4 Applebee's
Not VolNRaleigh, but staying in Umstead?

Which hockey game you going to? Don't forget to pre-pay for parking, save $15.

If you like beer, lots of breweries. I'm a Lynnwood Brewing guy. Gizmo, R&D, and Crankarm are all good.

Not sure what is playing at DPAC, but that's a great venue to catch a show.

Chinese Lantern fest at Koko booth is pretty nifty and is going on right now.

Also, there is a bangin' Applebee's in Brier Creek that i highly recommend. Quesadilla burger is exquisite

Reactions: TN-POSSUM
Not VolNRaleigh, but staying in Umstead?

Which hockey game you going to? Don't forget to pre-pay for parking, save $15.

If you like beer, lots of breweries. I'm a Lynnwood Brewing guy. Gizmo, R&D, and Crankarm are all good.

Not sure what is playing at DPAC, but that's a great venue to catch a show.

Chinese Lantern fest at Koko booth is pretty nifty and is going on right now.

Also, there is a bangin' Applebee's in Brier Creek that i highly recommend. Quesadilla burger is exquisite
Thanks.... we don't drink but thanks for the suggestions. The lantern fest sounds good and a Christmas Carol is playing at the DPAC, we might try that. She said something about going exploring around Durham for a day, too.

Other than the Angus Barn and a Hurricanes game, I have no clue what my wife has planned. Like I said, we've been married 22 years, so I pack a bag and get in the car.

Reactions: Scooter426
@VolNRaleighNC

*NB4 Applebee's
Wish I could help you out more but I moved back to middle TN about 10 years ago. Raleigh has changed drastically since my time there. I would avoid Glenwood South unless y’all want to party with the college kids. I’ve heard good things about a speakeasy called Watts & Ward but doubt will interest you if you don’t drink. Angus Barn is a staple. My wife and I used to go there for special occasions. One of our favorite Italian dishes is Fiocchi in downtown at Caffe Luna. Not really a “romantic” atmosphere but that dish is legit. Our favorite Mexican place is Gonzo Tacos y Tequila (my wife loves the Mexican Flag dish). If it was summertime I’d maybe recommend Duke Gardens or something like that but not so much this time of year. You’re close to Durham (Duke) and Chapel Hill (UNC) so you could stroll through those universities. DPAC is a good music venue. Sorry I can’t be more help but hope you and the Mrs. have a great time and congrats on 22 years!

Wish I could help you out more but I moved back to middle TN about 10 years ago. Raleigh has changed drastically since my time there. I would avoid Glenwood South unless y’all want to party with the college kids. I’ve heard good things about a speakeasy called Watts & Ward but doubt will interest you if you don’t drink. Angus Barn is a staple. My wife and I used to go there for special occasions. One of our favorite Italian dishes is Fiocchi in downtown at Caffe Luna. Not really a “romantic” atmosphere but that dish is legit. Our favorite Mexican place is Gonzo Tacos y Tequila (my wife loves the Mexican Flag dish). If it was summertime I’d maybe recommend Duke Gardens or something like that but not so much this time of year. You’re close to Durham (Duke) and Chapel Hill (UNC) so you could stroll through those universities. DPAC is a good music venue. Sorry I can’t be more help but hope you and the Mrs. have a great time and congrats on 22 years!
Thank you! And thanks for the restaurant recommendations. I looked up Caffe Luna and we'll check that one out, we might try the Mexican place too. I walked Duke's campus several years ago and wouldn't mind seeing it again ...weather permitting. (The Angus Barn at Christmas is on her bucket list, so that's what got this Raleigh trip on the schedule.)

Reactions: VolNRaleighNC
Thank you! And thanks for the restaurant recommendations. I looked up Caffe Luna and we'll check that one out, we might try the Mexican place too. I walked Duke's campus several years ago and wouldn't mind seeing it again ...weather permitting. (The Angus Barn at Christmas is on her bucket list, so that's what got this Raleigh trip on the schedule.)
If you are interested in a short detour the NC Zoo is about and hour away in Asheboro and it is the wife and kid’s favorite zoo they’ve ever been to.

Who as in who I wish we would pursue?

My town is called Whoville, for I am a Who, And we Whos are all thankful and grateful to you.

A mind is a mind, no matter how small, No one should ever be ignored at all.

Except for Weezer and some strays from the football forum, whose minds are so small that we'll simply ignore them.

Man y’all really can’t be happy with anything.

Been wandering in the desert for what feels like forever and Heupel found us and brought us a bottle of water but y’all complaining bc it’s Dasani and not Smart Water.
Last time that happened God made them wander in the desert for another 40 years.

My town is called Whoville, for I am a Who, And we Whos are all thankful and grateful to you.

A mind is a mind, no matter how small, No one should ever be ignored at all.

Except for Weezer and some strays from the football forum, whose minds are so small that we'll simply ignore them.
Small-minded people put people on ignore because they are unable to process opinions that are different than their own.

This is a message board. It's where people post opinions. Sometimes, opinions will be different. I'm not asking anyone to agree with my opinion. It cracks me up that some see the need to attack any opinion that disagrees with their own.

VN Store

Back