‘23 Recruiting Forum: Official Missouri Pregame/Game Thread

Lots of thoughts on this season. I hate the continuously running clock. I think it hurts us. Heupel has to rethink this defense, and I think that means finding a new DC. I think Banks defensive philosophy made sense when we were scoring at will, but if we can't score at will, then it doesn't work out. Whatever happens with defense, I hope we keep CRG. The rest are replaceable.

I want to know who actually calls the plays. Is it Heupel or Halzle? If it's Heupel, why has play calling regressed so much from last year? Was he letting Golesh call plays last year, but he's not letting Halzle call plays this year? And if Halzle is calling the plays, he's done a poor job. So should Heupel take over play calling? Something needs to be fixed because play calling has been bad this year.

For everyone that says they've figured out Heupel's offense, if that's true, it doesn't matter who's playing QB.

Have to hope recruiting doesn't suffer. We need to keep the commits we have and add a few more, plus work the portal.

I think the offensive woes can be fixed, but not convinced defensive woes can be fixed without staff changes and some portal help.
Portal for OL and secondary will make or break us next year.

I stand by that Milton was not the reason for today’s debacle. He had some really bad moments in the game, but there were much bigger problems than Joe today.

With that being said…the East is now officially out of reach, so I see no benefit in starting Joe against Vandy. It wouldn’t be right imo to throw Nico to the wolves against Georgia, but handing him the reigns for the Vandy game would be a great way to plunge into 2024 with some positive momentum.

Bama vs GA in the SECCG.

SEC getting what they wanted.

At least UGA has to play Bama once in what seems like forever.

Lots of thoughts on this season. I hate the continuously running clock. I think it hurts us. Heupel has to rethink this defense, and I think that means finding a new DC. I think Banks defensive philosophy made sense when we were scoring at will, but if we can't score at will, then it doesn't work out. Whatever happens with defense, I hope we keep CRG. The rest are replaceable.

I want to know who actually calls the plays. Is it Heupel or Halzle? If it's Heupel, why has play calling regressed so much from last year? Was he letting Golesh call plays last year, but he's not letting Halzle call plays this year? And if Halzle is calling the plays, he's done a poor job. So should Heupel take over play calling? Something needs to be fixed because play calling has been bad this year.

For everyone that says they've figured out Heupel's offense, if that's true, it doesn't matter who's playing QB.

Have to hope recruiting doesn't suffer. We need to keep the commits we have and add a few more, plus work the portal.

I think the offensive woes can be fixed, but not convinced defensive woes can be fixed without staff changes and some portal help.
Golesh is greatly missed

Terrible on all fronts. Defense was awful all day especially on 3rd down and the effort against the run is just inexcusable. Offense made back breaking horrible mistakes that killed any chance of being in the game. If all that wasn’t enough, the refs made sure to keep drives going for them or kill them for us. There is definitely some concern that this continues to happen against not great teams on the road. On the bright side, I don’t really know any Missouri fans.

VN Store

Back