Rest In Peace, Orange Hammer

His fandom was hard to top. He truly was obsessed with everything Vols. We were very close back when I lived in Knoxville. I actually used to date his sister.

I hate hearing of things like this. It's a whole community we have here. I hope you can find some sort of comfort in this time.

That's awful :(

I used to work in a local ER. In one weekend, we lost a 39 year old guy on Friday, a 32 year old guy on Saturday, and a 35 year old guy on Sunday. The Doctor and I walked out of there that morning proclaiming Thank God it's Monday. It had a little to do with us both starting a two week vacation, but mostly that we hated losing guys in the prime of life.

This sucks. OH was a great recruiting forum poster.

Prayers for the family.

RIP OH

He was close friends with Mo Couch and neighbor to AJ, so he definitely had reliable sources. So sad. If we win anything big next year, you can believe he was finally on the field.

Same here, hell Gramps still hurts.

Wait Gramps passed away too? Sorry to hear about both. Gramps had the avatar of dog reading newspaper or something right. I don't recall seeing post from this Orange Hammer but very sad and very young. I'd have been dead 4 years ago if I died at 34. When I think that way I would have missed tons of things and this poor man has lost those opportunities.

Reactions: 2 people
I hate hearing this. At 39 this hits a nerve to hear someone losing their life right in their prime. Prayer sent for his family and friends.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I used to work in a local ER. In one weekend, we lost a 39 year old guy on Friday, a 32 year old guy on Saturday, and a 35 year old guy on Sunday. The Doctor and I walked out of there that morning proclaiming Thank God it's Monday. It had a little to do with us both starting a two week vacation, but mostly that we hated losing guys in the prime of life.

Not to take anything away from what you've stated, as my own father passed at the young age of 35 - but have you ever been to the Vanderbilt children's hospital? Christ almighty it will test your faith. Lost my sis when she was 11 to cancer so I can't go near the place. What's crazy is how (pardon the butchism) resilient kids are in the face of nearly certain death.

Anyways - back on topic. Lord I ask that you place your healing hands upon Tony's family and loved ones and comfort them during their time of sorrow. Please grant them the strength to continue on with their lives and have faith that they will see him again in Your kingdom someday. Amen.

Reactions: 25 people
Not to take anything away from what you've stated, as my own father passed at the young age of 35 - but have you ever been to the Vanderbilt children's hospital? Christ almighty it will test your faith. Lost my sis when she was 11 to cancer so I can't go near the place. What's crazy is how (pardon the butchism) resilient kids are in the face of nearly certain death.

Anyways - back on topic. Lord I ask that you place your healing hands upon Tony's family and loved ones and comfort them during their time of sorrow. Please grant them the strength to continue on with their lives and have faith that they will see him again in Your kingdom someday. Amen.

Very well stated......... AMEN! AMEN! AMEN!

Reactions: 1 person
Wait Gramps passed away too? Sorry to hear about both. Gramps had the avatar of dog reading newspaper or something right. I don't recall seeing post from this Orange Hammer but very sad and very young. I'd have been dead 4 years ago if I died at 34. When I think that way I would have missed tons of things and this poor man has lost those opportunities.
He passed away last year from cancer

http://www.volnation.com/forum/politics/233989-gramps-final-thread-23.html

VN Store

Back