Rick Barnes appreciation thread

OneVolNation

All Vols All The Time
What another incredible season capped off with an Elite 8 appearance. Coach Barnes has another conference championship under his belt and things are looking good for next season.

This team ranks right up there with the best in program history.

Losses are tough and happen to all but winners are tougher and move forward stronger.

Go Vols!

What another incredible season capped off with an Elite 8 appearance. Coach Barnes has another conference championship under his belt and things are looking good for next season.

Losses are tough and happen to all but winners are tougher and move forward stronger.

Go Vols!
Gotta appreciate where we are at. Tourney is about skill and luck. If we were in another bracket we are probably still playing. Credit to Purdue. Opposite of that for refs. Proud of our team

Our VOLS were fouled more than a newbie in prison. That was the game and Purdue new it going in. Nuff said. Barnes and our guys did the best they could with the circumstances thrown at them. Puck Furdue!

Reactions: OneVolNation
Classy coach and you don't see that much anymore. He is not going to show his ( you know ) but he keeps his players in line and does not have a foul mouth. Defensive coach that goes all out for it and you better hustle or you will sit the bench. He loves his players and they love him. I would not trade him for any of these coaches that sale their soul to the devil to win because morals mean more in the end.

Go Vols!

Best coach we’ve ever had. It’s been a great run under his leadership. For a school that has seemed snake bit in so many ways, it was a huge blessing for Barnes to fall into our lap the way he did. His name will be in the rafters of Food City Center one day.

We’re lucky to have one of the best coaches of all time (800+ wins says it all) on our sidelines and teaching our young men not only basketball, but how to be good men.
I’ve had the pleasure of meeting and talking with coach Barns on numerous occasions while traveling with the team and staying at the same hotels and can qualify he is a stand up guy with great morals and a great appreciation for the University and fans. For me, I will hate the day he decides to retire. Not only is he a great ambassador for all of us to be proud to have, but we have to look at how his players are all great young men that truly love each other and love playing with. I would venture a guess, not many teams in college sports can boast this.

Go Vols!

We can always thank Texas for putting a chip on Barnes's shoulder by firing him.

Reactions: ReelfootVol

VN Store

Back