Rick Barnes has emerged as a serious candidate the for UCLA job, reportedly has interviewed

zjcvols

"On a Tennessee saturday night."
Staff member
According to Evan Daniels of 247sports

Update: This is from the Bruins LA Times beat reporter saying Barnes has interviewes

Last edited:
I have BVS as bad as anyone else does. No way Barnes leaves to go to UCLA. I truly believe he has fallen in love with the right shade of orange and will retire a VFL. Man just seems more at home and more comfortable in K-town.

I have BVS as bad as anyone else does. No way Barnes leaves to go to UCLA. I truly believe he has fallen in love with the right shade of orange and will retire a VFL. Man just seems more at home and more comfortable in K-town.

Same. But this is a weird way to angle for a raise....

Does he really need to flirt with UCLA to get a raise?

On the other hand, I do think he knows his time as a coach is almost over (less than 10 years) and UCLA could offer an easier way to a natty to polish his career achievements.

99.99% sure he isn’t leaving but just a weird way to angle for a raise given the status of the program he’s taken it to in just 4 years.

He's not going anywhere, except the bank. We will cough up some more cash, and UCLA will slip further away form their glory days when they were a destination job.

Reactions: UTChicagoV
giphy.gif

The craziest aspect of this whole ordeal, being the UCLA search, is that they fired their coach in 2018 and have yet to hire a replacement.

Are they desperate at this point 4+ months later? Definitely. If you have a horrible search conducted like this, why not throw stupid money at one of the better coaches in the game right now?

What’s worst Barnes will say? No thank you.

He stays at Tennessee and he gets a modest raise.

He goes to UCLA and maybe gets stupid crazy money.

Definitely a win/win for him.

Last edited:
The craziest aspect of this whole ordeal, being the UCLA search, is that they fired their coach in 2018 and have yet to hire a replacement.

Are they desperate at this point 4+ months later? Definitely. If you have a horrible search conducted like this, why not throw stupid money at one of the better coaches in the game right now?

What’s worse Barnes will say? No thank you.

He stays at Tennessee and he gets a modest raise.

He goes to UCLA and maybe gets stupid crazy money and UT brings Bruce Pearl home.

Definitely a win/win for UT.

FYP

VN Store

Back