Rucker: Nico is being redshirted

If I recall correctly, Peyton Manning weighed 194 when he became the QB starter in 1994. From what I understand Nico is about 216 at this moment but I can’t recall who I heard that from. My ex-BIL was 6’6” and weighed 220. He was so skinny he looked like he could hide behind a stop sign pole.
Yeah man, you break easy when you can hide behind a pole..you also are not muscling through a lb for a first down.

A player can play in 4 games and keep their redshirt. Bowl games don't count either.

For those saying it would be pointless to start Nico now, how about this reason, I'm just sick of looking at Joe. I mean it. I'm tired of looking at him. I don't want to see him again.
Such a brave volunteer to not even use your own face for us to be tired at looking at!

Not playing Nico against Ga when there is one game left does give him a red shirt! He has played in only three games! It’s not complicated! No matter what whoever wants otherwise is meaningless! Nico now has four years of eligibility left! Put it to bed people!

If Nico, who has been with the team for a whole ass year, can’t learn the offense then we are ***cccccccccccccccc’d
I don’t buy the he doesn’t know the offense crap at this point. I watched a freshman for Florida come in last night and he looked ready to go. Actually got Florida back in the lead. I think they wanted Nico to gain some strength and learn the offense at a regular pace. At this point Nico needs live reps and 1st team practice reps. I expect Joe will start against Vandy but that Nico will play quite a bit as the game goes on. I think it is important that Nico gets 1st team bowl reps and gets to start the bowl game. Getting that winter prep for the bowl game and then again in the spring will be great for Nico. It also jump starts the offense for next year. GBO

I don’t buy the he doesn’t know the offense crap at this point. I watched a freshman for Florida come in last night and he looked ready to go. Actually got Florida back in the lead. I think they wanted Nico to gain some strength and learn the offense at a regular pace. At this point Nico needs live reps and 1st team practice reps. I expect Joe will start against Vandy but that Nico will play quite a bit as the game goes on. I think it is important that Nico gets 1st team bowl reps and gets to start the bowl game. Getting that winter prep for the bowl game and then again in the spring will be great for Nico. It also jump starts the offense for next year. GBO
Brown for Florida is a redshirt freshman. Has a whole extra year in the system that Nico doesn't have. That goes to the same point that someone else made that it would have been nice to have Tayven Jackson as a backup this year because he'd have been more likely to be game ready.

I would surmise he's not as good as advertised, at least not at this point, or they wouldn't be doing this.
He has to be careful about the culture in the locker room. You don’t want a divided team or make recruits question the integrity of the coaches. With these receivers I really doubt Nico is any better

Brown for Florida is a redshirt freshman. Has a whole extra year in the system that Nico doesn't have. That goes to the same point that someone else made that it would have been nice to have Tayven Jackson as a backup this year because he'd have been more likely to be game ready.
Nico will be fine now, he is up too 216 pounds. He has always been wiry strong for his size to boot. He is a fast processer and learner. He doesn’t need kids gloves at this point he needs live reps. GBO

Last edited:
He has to be careful about the culture in the locker room. You don’t want a divided team or make recruits question the integrity of the coaches. With these receivers I really doubt Nico is any better
Milton’s days are pretty much over at UT. It is time to get the freshman in. His ceiling is so much higher and his overall game has already caught Joe. He made a throw on the move against UConn that Joe can’t make. Nico may have a small learning curve to overcome but he is not a 5 star bust. Folks will find that out soon enough. GBO

Reactions: Budalicious
Rucker and must be a genius. Over 99% of football have known this for a few weeks.
He was reporting Josh Heupel's first confirmation though, so it was newsworthy. Had a boat load of people in the fanbase and on this board in denial about it also so it needed to be confirmed.

Yeah, he wouldn't take a loss for locker room culture though, if Heupel seriously thought Nico would change the outcome of this game or any other, he would be playing him. Heupel clearly doesn't think he would.

VN Store

Back