Rucker: Vols aren’t better than last season-still hasn’t proved anything yet

You say that as if what he thinks is gonna have any impact on what happens Saturday.

Claiming UT has turned a corner doesn't make it true, so I don't see the point of getting in a tizzy over someone who doesn't believe that.
Or replying to it even if that's not the case? Lol

That's obviously false by his predictions a few weeks ago.

It's more funny at this at point.

Last edited:
Reactions: Behr
Or replying to it even if that's not the case? Lol

That's obviously false by his predictions a few weeks ago.

It's more funny at this at point.

Its even funnier that someone can follow that exchange between you two and come to the conclusion that you are the one "in a tizzy". Lol.

You loved Dooley and you loved Butch Jones too. That says a lot about you.

Im not sure what any of that has to with my years on the site and discussing good and bad football over those years. But it would be false statement that says nothing about me.

I don't need to like or love the coach. Didn't need to with the 2 you mentioned nor the current coach.

It makes it easier to view the good and bad without the personal angle attached.

Im not sure what any of that has to with my years on the site and discussing good and bad football over those years. But it would be false statement that says nothing about me.

I don't need to like or love the coach. Didn't need to with the 2 you mentioned nor the current coach.

It makes it easier to view the good and bad without the personal angle attached.
The problem is I never see you be critical or mention the bad. All I see is sunshine pumping and defending the coaches at all costs. That's exactly the reason you hate me and my posts is because sometimes I'm critical. I'm not always pumping sunshine

The problem is I never see you be critical or mention the bad. All I see is sunshine pumping and defending the coaches at all costs. That's exactly the reason you hate me and my posts is because sometimes I'm critical. I'm not always pumping sunshine

You may have missed it.....

They made massive blunders against Ga St

Hes taken a difficult job and made it harder.

The simple part is we had the attention of a lot of high end talent before the season started. Some of them committed, others are guys that were holding off to see the product before deciding later. We went backwards in the first month and put ourselves in a bad spot. The good news is there is still 8 games left to change the perception. And while theres a lot that can't be undone from the fans perspective from this season they can still find a solid class.

Pruitt has a lot of work to do on the field.

He has put himself in a bad spot

He took a terrible situation to fix and somehow made it harder to do. Ga St and BYU put him in a terrible position. He has lost the majority of support he had. He has put his tenure here in a precarious spot. He has nothing to lose at this point but a job.

I think he knows football, but hes green as a gord when it comes to running a program.

I'd agree that the Ga St game was not just on JG. The gameplan and prep by the coaches in every aspect was pitiful. And that put this team in a terrible spot to try and win a game over a bad football team that it didnt.

.....but it was there.

I was plenty critical of what happened through the first month or so of the season. But I also wanted to see how the team responded to him after that before guaranteeing he was destined for 2-10 and a bunch of blowout losses. The response has been very positive. A green head coach (even a seasoned HC) could have lost the team after that start and completely tanked and possibly got himself fired after 2 seasons. Does that make him a great coach or "the guy"? Nope. Not yet. But things are going in a lot better direction than a few weeks ago. And the credit should start with him.

Has nothing to do with hate.
But the idea that you re "sometimes critical" and Im "defending the coaches at all costs" is silly.

Reactions: rikberry31 and Behr
Right now we have the same record vs a much weaker schedule. Last year at this time we were feeling as good as we are right now. No one would have imagined we'd get wiped out the last two games. So it's up in the air still. Win the next two and the hope is fully justified, lose 1 and it's muted, lose 2 and it's a disaster season and Pruitt enters 2020 with his pants on fire.

Its even funnier that someone can follow that exchange between you two and come to the conclusion that you are the one "in a tizzy". Lol.

Yep. No reason to be.

Enjoy the wins, there haven't been many over the last several years.

Reactions: Behr
I think Pruitt would mostly agree with him and has said they haven't played a complete game yet.

The biggest improvement I see is in effort.
The two biggest areas of improvement are pre-snap alignment and OL play.

We have looked good the past 5 games but the teams we have beaten are all average to below average. MSST, USC, UAB and KY are not very good teams. None were in the top 25 when we played them. We beat two ranked teams last year. It LOOKS like we are playing much better as a team and we are not getting blown out as much but our RESULTS in terms of wins and losses and the quality of our wins aren’t significantly better. However if we beat Missouri and Vandy I think we can honestly say we are better this year.

Can measure success in win and losses only.

But we're 6-5 in 2019
We were 5-6 in 2018 at this junction

Negavols never give up:rolleyes:
Just keeping it real kid. I remember Jones taking a UT team to Missouri and winning in, what 2014 or 2015. One or the other. He also had impressive bowl wins two years in a row. I am believing a little bit more in Pruitt though. Believing a little bit more that he might get them over the hump. A win over Vandy would not matter though. This Vandy team is nothing like the guy that's at Penn State now had.

Rucker is a idioit.......he writes so much negative stuff about Tennessee. Dude needs to move!
So, is Tim Irwin an idiot? He basically echoed exactly what Rucker said even after the Missou win.
UT has greatly benefitted from a MUCH easier schedule. Anyone who tells us there weren’t 9 regular season wins on this schedule is lying. You don’t get extra points for these wins by sucking so bad early in the year.

VN Store

Back