Safety DeAngelo Gibbs transferring from UGA to Tennessee.

Per Grant Ramey. Expected to enroll Friday. Will have to sit out a year.

He was rated a 4-star and the No. 49 overall player in the class of 2017. He has two years of eligibility left.
Lol, good luck with him. Although he might work out for you guys. If you don’t mind him not going to classes and smoking and sniffing any and everything he can get his hands on. But I am sure he will straighten up and fly right. His two years here were prolly just a phase.

I don’t know how good he was with the dawgs?? He only played in a few games and only had 7-8 tackles. We need all the help we can get, but I don’t know anything about UGA defensive players anyone know the 411?
Had to spend a couple stints away from the team and from school for a “medical” issue. Hasn’t played the second half of games in either season.

By most accounts, good kid, just some bad habits in the classroom and in life. Change of scenery can do wonders. Go ball out DeLo, please keep your nose clean. Pulling for ya big guy.

Lol, good luck with him. Although he might work out for you guys. If you don’t mind him not going to classes and smoking and sniffing any and everything he can get his hands on. But I am sure he will straighten up and fly right. His two years here were prolly just a phase.
Dude, shut the (heck) up

Pruitt is just trying to up our talent level by any means possible. At this point it's worth taking some risks. Hopefully the change of scenery will do Gibbs good. His problems have been between his ears.

Hey man if you want call smoking weed an issue than yeah Ive some issues too.

Then yes you have some issues. But the fact remains that currently smoking weed is against the rules of the NCAA. Gibbs should know better. Hopefully he can stay away from it until he gets to the NFL.

Reactions: UT_King

New phone. Who dis

Kamara had lots of problems (weed, etc) at Bama and was buried on the depth chart. Went to community college got straightend out and turned out fine. Hopefully this kid will do the same. Was really hoping he would come when we got Warrior since he kept visiting Tennessee with him but he chose Georgia the next year. Maybe he gets himself straightened out while sitting out for a year like Kamara did in community college. 🤞

I asked this in the RF but I will ask here as well. When a player transfers, does his original ranking also count towards the class? Gibbs was a high 4* and the #49 player in the 2016 class. So if he counts toward this class, do we get his rating as well?[/QUOTE
In the past, I have googled this question several times, have yet to find the answer. If you find out, I would love to know as well.

Wow someone is worrrriieeedddd , stalking another teams home board , wow

As you should be, Pruitt doing work while uga falls apart. Great to be a Volunteer

I asked this in the RF but I will ask here as well. When a player transfers, does his original ranking also count towards the class? Gibbs was a high 4* and the #49 player in the 2016 class. So if he counts toward this class, do we get his rating as well?
They do not count in the class rankings If we got him from juco then he would. But not from a transfer.

Kamara had lots of problems (weed, etc) at Bama and was buried on the depth chart. Went to community college got straightend out and turned out fine. Hopefully this kid will do the same. Was really hoping he would come when we got Warrior since he kept visiting Tennessee with him but he chose Georgia the next year. Maybe he gets himself straightened out while sitting out for a year like Kamara did in community college. 🤞

Maybe...CJP brings in Kamara to do some VFL councilling for him..

What a GREAT story Kamara is...DESPITE Butch!

Alvin Kamara This Week - Sanitation

I hope he works out for him and us. But, if he has to sit out a year, CJP will have plenty of time to observe his performance and adherence to rules. Is there a scholly involved? That would be the biggest investment for us.

Lol UGA fans bitter. They thought their run at the top was going to last longer but are starting to see a shift back to the Volunteers. GBO

Gotta like the transfer moves Pruitt and Company have made so far this offseason. Feels like we’re starting to ascend back to our old ways. Not to mention by 2020 our defense should be Legit!

VN Store

Back