Sampson Turning Heads In Camp

So much to be excited about in this class. Hope they live up to expectations. I got burned on the hype around some of Butch’s teams in the past. But I really believe Heup actually develops that talent instead of just collecting star counts. Butch knew how to collect ‘em but not how to use them. Heup seems different

I am not nor ever been a nega-Vol, but the phrases used to describe him in that article, though positive, seem nuanced to indicate he's nowhere near ready to play at this level yet.

Sexy runs... fan favorite... natural vision... natural ability... all speak to me of great potential, but much, much to learn yet. Great sizzle, but needs more time in the pasture before the steak's ready.

Would love to be wrong, of course!

Reactions: dduncan4163
I'm okay with youngsters like this, but the 5' 10" sub 200 lb kid just is not well suited to do well very often in the SEC. Why is that you ask? Because our opposition routinely puts just as quick or quicker 6 foot plus guys weighing 200 plus pounds out there against them.,

This guy would be hard for any body to dislike. I think he is going to be a great one for the Vols!

We need it because we are not proven in the RBs arena. Tons of talent, but still. Evans' departure left a void.

Evans was a classical example of a lot of Pruitt recruits…..only here for the money. Once he realized there wasn’t any, he quit.

Do we have any coeds named Delilah?

Probably yes. It's not an especially popular name in the USA on account of contemporary political and cultural realities of today. It's a Middle Eastern name sharing association with the Hebrew language. Plus, its not so pleasant Biblical connotation. But it has a pleasant phonetic quality that is attractive. And folks who, like me, name their kids based on what the name means, may be further attracted to it if they perceive their daughter as a delicate and dainty beauty. <2022 Name Rank> The Biblical Delilah was that way, which is why she was so easily manipulated by cowardly sneaks of her day. All that being said, this Delilah below is in the wrong shad of orange, and sporting no white. Dressed properly, I'm sure a lot of Vol-guys would like her on the proper cheer squad.
1660911103796.png

Last edited:
Reactions: onevol74
BD didn’t impress, ever in training camp. When he got to campus with his peers the fanfare died off and the flop tag followed swiftly. This sounds more real.

After Al Wilson Hit Darden in the "Tennessee Drill" Darden disappeared. That's what Big Egos get you. Smacked in the mouth. Wilson: "Is this Freshman ready for some football?" LOL. Darden was very talented, but after that episode, was never heard from again. So it was character, not talent that he was lacking in.

Looks like Reggie Bush. I hope he runs like him.

57028589.jpg

Guys... I have it on good authority (@BigOrangeTrain) that Sampson cannot possibly be that good and especially not as a Fr. He wasn't a 5* or even a 4*. The infallible recruiting sites said he was at best a project.

In all seriousness, many of us and maybe BOT himself thought Sampson was underrated.

I'm okay with youngsters like this, but the 5' 10" sub 200 lb kid just is not well suited to do well very often in the SEC. Why is that you ask? Because our opposition routinely puts just as quick or quicker 6 foot plus guys weighing 200 plus pounds out there against them.,
Alvin Kamara and Christian McCaffrey say hi. As do the Harvin/Rainey/Demps trio that helped Florida win two championships in the 00s.

Disagree. In fact, I prefer backs under 6' if they can carry the weight. They naturally tend to have lower centers of gravity which help RB's. It takes about 200 lbs to have success in the SEC so most guys are right around 6'... 5'10" to 6'2". But some are even shorter and have a lot of success. They have to be able to carry the weight.

Tyler Badie was an incredible RB. He led the SEC in rushing last fall... by a lot in spite of playing on an awful football team. He is 5'8" and around 200 lbs. Edwards-Helaire was about the same size.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Disagree. In fact, I prefer backs under 6' if they can carry the weight. They naturally tend to have lower centers of gravity which help RB's. It takes about 200 lbs to have success in the SEC so most guys are right around 6'... 5'10" to 6'2". But some are even shorter and have a lot of success. They have to be able to carry the weight.

Tyler Badie was an incredible RB. He led the SEC in rushing last fall... by a lot in spite of playing on an awful football team. He is 5'8" and around 200 lbs. Edwards-Helaire was about the same size.

Trying to think of the little bowling hall that played for State with Dak. Robinson? I think that was his name. He looked miserable to tackle.

Reactions: sjt18

VN Store

Back