Screw ESPN

Find it hilarious that Duke is their #1 after yesterday. Literally should have lost to UCF. They escape and are 1, we escape and move way down chart.

Reactions: vols1221
Come on... stop being victims. The re-seeding thing was an opinion of 1 ESPN writer; it’s not a conspiracy by the entire network to get us.

ESPN pumps Duke up so much because they drive ratings. We get the same treatment when we drive ratings.
Wed drive ratings too if we were constantly placed on ESPN rather than SEC Network.

Dang OP, when you let the Patriot League champs take you almost to the wire, then have to go to OT v a 10 seed, where else on the list would you put us? Basically this is a "Rank S16 teams by impessions after 2 Games". We honestly could have held down 16th.

None of these rankings mean crap. All that matters is that we beat Purdue by 1 or more. The past is the past.

52811558.jpg

I don’t really care what ESPN says about us, but the constant pumping of the University of New Jersey at Durham and that rat faced little weasel of a coach just gets old.

Zion charged, the block was called, and the UCF big man was out. Like Freaking clockwork. Just like Dook pays for players. Unless you believe Dook Vitale that ratface is pure as Rat sh&$ driven snow.

We haven't exactly been impressive. We have done what we had to do and nothing more. Why would you think we would be higher?
What’d you call what Duke did against UCF?

Reseeding the Sweet 16

ESPN has the Vols #14
Duke #1

CBSsports has the Vols #5
Virginia #1

Screw ESPDuke

Did Williamson charge twice or only once on his last play v UCF?
You know, the Duke 4-point play that should have been 2 FTs the other way.

Reactions: Voltopia
I don’t really care what ESPN says about us, but the constant pumping of the University of New Jersey at Durham and that rat faced little weasel of a coach just gets old.

Zion charged, the block was called, and the UCF big man was out. Like Freaking clockwork. Just like Dook pays for players. Unless you believe Dook Vitale that ratface is pure as Rat sh&$ driven snow.
Please explain the Jersey reference... I honestly don't get it.

Wed drive ratings too if we were constantly placed on ESPN rather than SEC Network.

21 out of our 34 regular season/SEC tournament games were on either ESPN or ESPN2. 12 were on the SEC Network, and 1 was on CBS. Do you really think we didn't get enough exposure this year?? We do drive ratings and have gotten plenty of attention nationally. Duke happens to have a generational player on their team this year that is a freak of nature. ESPN would have to be complete idiots to not capitalize on that. There are hundreds of thousands of people that are typically NBA fans only tuning into college basketball to watch Zion.

We haven't exactly been impressive. We have done what we had to do and nothing more. Why would you think we would be higher?
About what i expected but didn’t Duke just barely win against a higher seed team than us? By 1 point!!

Shocker, and they are talking about UCF like they are the best team to play Duke all year. Duke has two main players and are stout on defense. frustrate zion early and you win the game

That's pretty much what was said when Tenn won the 1998 National Championship in football. They were in shock. They thought for sure that was a fluke of some kind for Tenn to be Champions in football.
I remember the coverage from ESPN went on to the NFL very quickly.

VN Store

Back