SEC/BIG10 form their own advisory council/panel

Sounds like it is being formed to address what the NCAA has been slacking on. This seems to be a step toward the power conferences telling the NCAA "we don't need you any more".
OR, they are taking steps to insulate the NCAA against lawsuits, etc. It is interesting that the SEC is a part of this announcement without ever commenting on one of their members confronting the NCAA.

OR, they are taking steps to insulate the NCAA against lawsuits, etc. It is interesting that the SEC is a part of this announcement without ever commenting on one of their members confronting the NCAA.
100%. I’d feel more comfortable if some other teams joined our lawsuit.

Otherwise, are they going to throw us under the bus as a sacrifice.

I’d like to see some other B1G and SEC schools join our lawsuit before feeling decent that they are not just going to screw us.
I agree. But you know everyone is watching and staying tuned and when they all see Tennessee is gonna win. They will All Jump in so they can claim they were a part of putting the NCAA in their place. Pretty much coat tail riders

Reactions: GlennTenn
100%. I’d feel more comfortable if some other teams joined our lawsuit.

Otherwise, are they going to throw us under the bus as a sacrifice.
there is no reason for any other school to join. joining just makes them a target and costs them legal fees. we get a positive ruling, and those other schools have precedence if the NCAA goes looking for more. if we get a negative ruling those schools avoid fees and being a target. they will also maintain their ability to make their own defense based on what didn't work for us.

the conferences and other school won't move on us until their is a ruling. they will used the canned line of "not commenting on active cases that don't involve the individual schools, and one school doesn't represent the conference". but once we win they will embrace it. if they try to kick us out, or pressure us in any way and we win, they are facing their own lawsuit over something we just won a legal case over and have precedence to push for our next case.

no one was jumping in to help Florida or Florida state. really not sure how Virginia really got involved with us. we only lashed about because we were targeted.

NCAA D-1 > 350 schools.

This is first step in the P2 conferences taking over football/basketball.

This is the old “Lead, Follow or Get out of the way”. This is P2 saying you can now follow and we will soon tell you to get out of the way.

This move signals a few things:

- More states joining the Tennessee/Virginia lawsuit
-The beginning of the end of the NCAA
-The start of a new governing body for the Power 5

Why would they do that?

Seems like good news, except for one thing in the very first line of the article, where it says:

BIRMINGHAM, Alabama

We do not need yet another conference (or multi-conference) headquarters located in Gump-land.
I SERIOUSLY doubt that if some super-conference plan does actually come to fruition... the freakin' headquarters won't be located in the dump that is the Yellow Hammer State. The OSU, Mich, PSU leadership won't go for that garbage. This may actually be another benefit moving forward.

I SERIOUSLY doubt that if some super-conference plan does actually come to fruition... the freakin' headquarters won't be located in the dump that is the Yellow Hammer State. The OSU, Mich, PSU leadership won't go for that garbage. This may actually be another benefit moving forward.
Yah, I'd be all for putting it in Cincinnati. Right on the border of the two conferences (Ohio and Kentucky), plus it is a fair-sized city. And far from the Gumps, heh.

VN Store

Back