Sec Injuries

I thought it was the opposite of "no light days", and everything was "no bring down" in effect for Butch. Totally agree with S&C as they had to get rid of all the machine weights and bands they were using.
In the Butch era, we seemed to do OK as far as injuries were concerned until he let go of Lawson and then didn't fill the position until after that upcoming season was over. Did one season without a bonafide S&C coach really create the huge amount of injuries that followed? I dunno. A lot of people were really high on Rock when he was hired, thought we wouldn't see anywhere near the same number of injuries as 2016, etc., but we did.

Reactions: TennesseeTarheel
honestly, I don't feel sorry for any SEC team concerning their injuries, especially what we've gone through for several years...about time we get some breaks...don't ya think?

GO VOLS!

honestly, I don't feel sorry for any SEC team concerning their injuries, especially what we've gone through for several years...about time we get some breaks...don't ya think?

GO VOLS!

W

We were playing AT South Carolina in 2012 when Lattimore had the awful leg injury, so Shields-Watkins field had nothing to do with that one.

The Chubb injury in 2015 was just Chubb landing awkwardly and having his knee buckle, don’t think the field “caused” that one.

Gurley hurt his knee in 2014 in a game at Georgia vs Auburn, so our field had nothing to do with that one either.

My bad on Gurley and I'm not blaming all the injuries on Neyland either but we did have a couple of years of terrible sod. I think Marshall was injured at Georgia too.

Also, I think we lost a half dozen players before halftime against The University of Ohio a couple of years ago.

Nobody has had it as bad as us the last four years. Florida had a couple of bad years and Georgia had one. Neither were as bad as Tennessee had for 2016 & 2017. I don't think anyone else came close. Bama also lost 5 LBs in their opener but that was about it.

There was a point where UT/Neyland field contributed to several high profile injuries for our opponents (Chubb, Marshall, Gurley, Lattimore, etc).
Lattimore messed his knee up in usc stadium

This is just coming from past experience and I might be wrong but when you are creating a thread about how <insert thing> has not affected "us" this year you may want to wait until like I don't know mid season?

This is just coming from past experience and I might be wrong but when you are creating a thread about how <insert thing> has not affected "us" this year you may want to wait until like I don't know mid season?

You are absolutely right, don't hold it against me I just got back from Colorado!!

Reactions: maotai

VN Store

Back