SEC Nation to Vandy 9/12...

This may hurt some feelings but outside of Oklahoma and Tennessee the game is really not that important to the rest of the country. OU is on the down swing while UT is trending up but this game isn't a national headliner outside of tradition. But I would say outside of State vs. LSU its the biggest game in the conference that week.

This may hurt some feelings but outside of Oklahoma and Tennessee the game is really not that important to the rest of the country. OU is on the down swing while UT is trending up but this game isn't a national headliner outside of tradition. But I would say outside of State vs. LSU its the biggest game in the conference that week.

oregon-michigan state is the biggest game that week. I also dont agree that this game is not important. Alot of people are interested bc they want to see what UT is made of. Most people ive seen talk about it believe UT is ready. Not sure where you got that.

Really man ? According to the talking heads at espn it's in the top 5 of September

You guys are taking this much too seriously...

Except for the week with no SEC matchups, they're going to go to SEC vs. SEC games. Jeez, people, small man syndrome much??

Vol fans we have to face the fact that we are not important to ESPN. We are short changed on most everything that they do.
I ,think that a lot of SEC teams are going to be disappointed in this network. They seem to be enamored with a handful of teams, Bama, Auburn, LSU, Georgia. No one else matters. I have said several times that these teams are getting the most coverage. Thus high school kids are more prone to commit to these schools. There are a lot of days TENN doe not get mention or no calls from TENN fans are received. But you can count on several Bama fans calls are put on everyday. If the QB problems are as bad as being reported, Bama will have a difficult time of winning the SEC west. I know that there are a lot of talented freshmen qb's but the veteran observer of SEC football will tell you that it would be almost impossible to win with a pure freshmen qb!

Yeah, it's complete horse**** considering they are going to be in Fayetteville for Arky and freaking UTEP. That's okay, they will be begging to come to Knoxville after our 4-0 start. Why in the heck would you want to go to that s***hole that is full with 30,000 fans?

They visit each stadium in the SEC once per season, so they're getting Vandy out of the way early.

They visit each stadium in the SEC once per season, so they're getting Vandy out of the way early.

dont blame them. Its vandys best home game matchup and its week 2. It will be pointless to go there late in the yr when they are 2-8 or something. Go ahead and knock it out. Be there to see chubb run for 200 and then go to LSU/AU the next week and start the real games haha.

You guys realize they rotate the show around the entire conference, right?

At least they did last year.

Exactly. They are knocking out the scrub teams early in the season so that later on they can cover the bigger more important games that could affect the season. If they have to cover a Vandy game in week 10, people will be over the top pissed.

Exactly. They are knocking out the scrub teams early in the season so that later on they can cover the bigger more important games that could affect the season. If they have to cover a Vandy game in week 10, people will be over the top pissed.

unless vandy knocks off ga then I will laugh my a$$ off and give a big thank you to sec nation

Reactions: 1 person
It's all good as long as Vandy takes an epic beating. May senseless, merciless violence be perpetrated upon them.

... for the UGA game instead of Knoxville for the OU game?!?

I think they have a policy where they try to go to every SEC campus at least once. They're probably thinking that there will be more chances they'll go to Knoxville for one of the many big games we have coming up this season while this could be the only chance they can go to Vandy.

I think SEC Nation will be in Knoxville for the Arkansas or Georgia game if I had to bet.

I think they have a policy where they try to go to every SEC campus at least once....

They are knocking out the scrub teams early in the season so that later on they can cover the bigger more important games...

Precisely. Can just see the SEC-N producers sitting in a conference room in late July, looking at the options for each of the 14 school visits.

"Vandy's a hard one to shoehorn in at all. They just suck. Six home games to choose from, and three of them are against W Kentucky, Austin Peay, and Kentucky. So pick your poison out of the three remaining:

• 12 Sep vs. Georgia? Most of the SEC teams are playing non-conference (and all of those but Vols-Okla are cupcakes) ... just USCe vs. Kentucky as real in-conference competition. Would like to hit up that Vols-OK game, but....
  • 24 Oct vs. Mizzou? Are you kidding? Both Vols-Bama and Auburn-Arkansas are on that weekend, either of which could be a compelling game. Can't go to Vandy then...
  • 21 Nov vs. A&M? Again, two potentially key divisional "playoff" games: Vols vs. Mizzou and LSU vs. Ole Miss. Better not go to Nashville here, either.

"Oh well, 12 Sep it is. Let's get it out of the way...."

Last edited:
Exactly, plus they were at the Oregon-MSU matchup last year. I'm sure East Landing is about as exciting as Fargo, North Dakota.

East Lansing has a great gameday atmosphere. It's hard to match UT's anywhere, but MSU comes close.

Come on guys, there's nothing like game day atmosphere at vandy. You all not remember last year when Mason got off the bus, and there were like 2 fans waiting on him!

VN Store

Back