SIAP Interesting read on former coach

It's posts like this that continue to make me believe you really don't follow college sports. Do you realize how many times an AD has praised a coach right before they fire them? Have you never heard of the dreaded "vote of confidence"?
I believe we are twins sort of like the movie. You are just as strong for Barnes as I am for Tyndall. So, bro, let's be friends. We'll let history decide who is right.

Reactions: 2 people
I believe we are twins sort of like the movie. You are just as strong for Barnes as I am for Tyndall. So, bro, let's be friends. We'll let history decide who is right.

Hasn't history already decided that? Tyndall will be lucky to amass 22 career seasons in high-major D1 coaching while Barnes has that many NCAA appearances.

Reactions: 1 person

The 2 respectful coaches that would've started BL?

That's not even close to being true. You are WAY more Tyndall than I am Barnes. The only reason I'm "pro-Barnes" is because he's our coach.

Not to mention I have no idea what your response has to do with what I posted, other than an obvious dodge.

The only reason I'm "pro-Barnes" is because he's our coach. Not to mention I have no idea what your response has to do with what I posted, other than an obvious dodge.
Were you "Pro-Tyndall" when he was coach? As for the dreaded vote of confidence, Hart had absolutely no intention of firing Tyndall on March 24.

Hart had absolutely no intention of firing Tyndall on March 24.

Which seems like pretty damning evidence as to what took place in Tyndall's meeting with the NCAA on the 25th, and the phone call between the NCAA and Tennessee officials on the 26th, for him to have been fired on the 27th.

It really isn't as difficult to piece together as you are making it out to be. You don't need a wild imagination or a doctorate degree to put two and two together with a reasonable amount of certainty.

Were you "Pro-Tyndall" when he was coach? As for the dreaded vote of confidence, Hart had absolutely no intention of firing Tyndall on March 24.

Yes and you can check my past posts as proof.

No; and then he got new information and then fired him. You are so pro-Tyndall that you've created a conspiracy theory; whereas normal people see that and see that what Hart learned from the NCAA was damning.

You also seem to be very selective on when you pay attention to what Hart said and when you convieniently ignore him.

Which seems like pretty damning evidence as to what took place in Tyndall's meeting with the NCAA on the 25th, and the phone call between the NCAA and Tennessee officials on the 26th, for him to have been fired on the 27th.

It really isn't as difficult to piece together as you are making it out to be. You don't need a wild imagination or a doctorate degree to put two and two together with a reasonable amount of certainty.
Your statements are just a little skewed. DT met with NCAA on Monday. Hart's vocal support was on Tuesday. Barnes became available on Wednesday. There was no phone call to NCAA. They jumped on a plane and flew to NCAA headquarters on Thursday to get the goods. DT walked into DH's office at 7 am Friday and found out he was fired according to the article.

He did score a pretty hot wife. So he has that going for him, which is nice.

Your statements are just a little skewed. DT met with NCAA on Monday. Hart's vocal support was on Tuesday. Barnes became available on Wednesday. There was no phone call to NCAA. They jumped on a plane and flew to NCAA headquarters on Thursday to get the goods. DT walked into DH's office at 7 am Friday and found out he was fired according to the article.

Yea I'm sure Hart jumped on the plane and flew up unannounced and barged in demanding to know "the goods" so he could fire Tyndall. Because that's how the NCAA works.

Of course there was a phone call.

KNS:
March 26, 2015 - NCAA and UT officials speak via phone about the allegations to be levied against Tyndall, according to a CBSSports.com report citing anonymous sources. The report states Tyndall and Hart will meet Thursday (3/26) evening.

KNS:
Hart stressed the need for stability during his Friday (3/27) press conference. Tennessee now would look for its third coach in three seasons.

The same day, Hart told Todd Turner of Collegiate Sports Associates that Texas coach Rick Barnes is his top target.

“I started to follow that, obviously, Friday afternoon,” Hart said Tuesday at Barnes’ introductory press conference at Tennessee. “It was really beginning to explode in terms of what might occur there (Texas). And I really started to follow it then. Todd was good. He was tracking it.

KNS:
March 28 (Saturday)
Texas officials finalized their decision to fire Barnes a source tells the Austin-American Statesman.

Hart and Barnes speak on the phone for the first time about the Tennessee job. They talked multiple times throughout the day.

March 29 (Sunday)
Barnes parts ways with Texas during a teary-eyed, hour-long press conference. He tells reporters he will coach again, probably sooner than most expect. He then gets on a plane with his wife, Candy, and Hart. They head to Knoxville, talking about the job during the flight.

I am, after we got rid of basketball's Dooley. DT was .500 here with our worst scoring average as far as stats go back.

I would much rather replace him with a future hof who just got another player drafted in the NBA lottery at 11. He also coached one of the top 3 players in the world.

Our future is much brighter than it would have been with Donnie. Tyndall was recruiting horribly and his offense was worse.

If you think that getting to the "Final 4" ONE TIME and cutting down the nets TWICE is gonna get a coach into the hof of collegiate bb coaches, then you must be delusional!

BTW, the 2 times that he cut down the nets came with a conference tournament championship at Providence and an advancement to the "Final 4" that one time.

Last edited:

Timeline: The rise and fall of Donnie Tyndall - GoVolsXtra Story

Maybe you should do some research before spouting off any more stupidity and ignorance.

Last edited:
If you think that getting to the "Final 4" ONE TIME and cutting down the nets TWICE is gonna get a coach into the hof of collegiate bb coaches, then you must be delusional!

BTW, the 2 times that he cut down the nets came with a conference tournament championship at Providence and an advancement to the "Final 4" that one time.

Coaches that accumulate as many wins as Barnes make it to the HOF. You might as well come to grips with that whether you like him or not.

Coaches that accumulate as many wins as Barnes make it to the HOF. You might as well come to grips with that whether you like him or not.

Name one! Remember, the one you name cannot have ever won a nc and only one conference tournament championship. Also, don't forget that the one you name can only have one regular season conference championship that was not shared and no more than 2 other shared championships.

Name one! Remember, the one you name cannot have ever won a nc and only one conference tournament championship. Also, don't forget that the one you name can only have one regular season conference championship that was not shared and no more than 2 other shared championships.

Lou Carnesecca*: 526-200

No NCs. Won conference tourney twice. 6 Regular season conference "titles." 1 Final Four, 2 Elite 8s.

Ralph Miller*: 657-382

No NCs. ZERO conference tourney wins. 7 regular season conference "titles." ZERO Final Fours, 2 Elite 8s.

Harold Anderson*: 509-236

No NCs. ZERO conference tourney wins. 3 regular season conference "titles." ZERO Finals Fours, ZERO Elite 8s.

Rick Barnes: 604-314

No NCs. 1 conference tourney win. 3 regular season conference "titles." 1 Final Four, 2 Elite 8s.

Id say his numbers are very comparable (and better than the last 2).

* Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame Coach

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
Lou Carnesecca*: 526-200

No NCs. Won conference tourney twice. 6 Regular season conference "titles." 1 Final Four, 2 Elite 8s.

Ralph Miller*: 657-382

No NCs. ZERO conference tourney wins. 7 regular season conference "titles." ZERO Final Fours, 2 Elite 8s.

Harold Anderson*: 509-236

No NCs. ZERO conference tourney wins. 3 regular season conference "titles." ZERO Finals Fours, ZERO Elite 8s.

Rick Barnes: 604-314

No NCs. 1 conference tourney win. 3 regular season conference "titles." 1 Final Four, 2 Elite 8s.

Id say his numbers are very comparable (and better than the last 2).

* Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame Coach

hopefully that will shut him up and he can move onto something else. I mean how many times you gotta prove a guy wrong before he gets it

Lou Carnesecca: 526-200

No NCs. Won conference tourney twice. 6 Regular season conference "titles."

Ralph Miller: 657-382

No NCs. ZERO conference tourney wins. 7 regular season conference "titles."

Harold Anderson: 509-236

No NCs. ZERO conference tourney wins. 3 regular season conference "titles." ZERO Finals Fours, ZERO Elite 8s

Lou took every team that he coached to either the ncaa or nit tourney each year that he coached and won the nit once. His final percentage of wins to losses was .725 compared to Barnes .658 and Rick never won a postseason tourney outside of his own conference. Actually, it was having one and done players, i. e., Kevin Durant etal, that propelled his teams as far as they did go. Carnesecca never had the talent that Barnes had and did MUCH BETTER!

Most of Ralph Miller's years were prior to 64 team tourneys and therefore rarely had a chance to prove his coaching ability past regular season conference play!

Harold Anderson was a MAC coach for his total career in the days of NO CONFERENCE TOURNAMENTS and since he rarely finished 1st, he did not get the postseason opportunities that Barnes got. He still had a higher winning percentage than Rick.

Bruce Pearl's record shows a .745 winning percentage overall, however that reflects his time at Southern Indiana along with UW-Milwaukee, Tennessee, and Auburn. If Rick Barnes makes the hof, then Pearl should be a shoo-in and the way Cuonzo is recruiting, if he can half way coach them, he should be there, also.

Last edited:
Carnesecca is the only one I'd argue is ahead of Barnes.

hopefully that will shut him up and he can move onto something else. I mean how many times you gotta prove a guy wrong before he gets it

It won't and he never will. Just like SD (they are the same person), he can't admit when he's wrong.

It won't and he never will. Just like SD (they are the same person), he can't admit when he's wrong.

I know I have been reading both there post and is easy to tell but dang it gets boring reading he same guy in 2 different names talk in circles every single day all day long

Reactions: 2 people
Timeline: The rise and fall of Donnie Tyndall - GoVolsXtra Story

Maybe you should do some research before spouting off any more stupidity and ignorance.
This is a cover your butt story. Wait on the NCAA report is all I can say. That is when the s--t will hit the fan. There are news articles that document my timeline, trust me on that. No need to discuss any further. If you think I don't know every detail, why would I even bother? The man, his staff, and their families were tossed into turmoil. That is not something I take lightly although some might. I've got no further comments unless someone else posts a story as volgrad500 did this one.

This is a cover your butt story. Wait on the NCAA report is all I can say. That is when the s--t will hit the fan. There are news articles that document my timeline, trust me on that. No need to discuss any further. If you think I don't know every detail, why would I even bother? The man, his staff, and their families were tossed into turmoil. That is not something I don't take lightly although some might. I've got no further comments unless someone else posts a story as volgrad500 did this one.

and buzz stops posting so SD can oh the irony

VN Store

Back